I wonder...

When eBay has flushed out all of us little guys and have attracted the big volume retailers they are looking for...will the 5 star rating system still exist?

Those guys aren't nearly as fair or fast as us when it comes to shipping and they rank really low on communication. If I can get dinged when I ship within 2 days and charge less than my actual packaging cost, then how are they going to look when they ship within 7 days and charge at least twice the actual packaging?

Will they get a "get out of jail free card" ?

I still don't get how the only difference to the buyer in between a 4 rating and a 5 rating is the word VERY.

If your description was ACCURATE, your buyer was SATISFIED with your communication, said you shipped QUICKLY and that your S & H was REASONABLE then you did a good job right?

Then why with a 4 point star rating do you not only lose your discounts but your PRIVILEDGE to sell on eBay?

I just don't get it!

I don't buy on many online sites myself because I love the selection on eBay. As a buyer, I think it's pretty sad that eBay is flushing out the many sellers who bring to us unique items that cannot be found elsewhere but as a seller I'm down right pi**ed!
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I wonder...

lina-mallows
Community Member
I recently found an item elsewhere, and WAS able to seamlessly pay with PayPal- which was MY CHOICE- other payment options were available.
Fortunately eBay isn't the only ball-game in town.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I wonder...

lina-mallows
Community Member
What I forgot to mention is that the item was LESS than half the price of one that was recently auctioned on eBay.
Prices for OUT OF PRINT books can very radically. However, simply putting the book's name into any search engine would have told those HIGH bidders they could simply have purchased the book at a fixed price elsewhere- and PAY by PayPal if they chose to.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply