INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF NON-PAYING EBAYERS

I have noticed since we are no longer able to leave negative feedback, my non paying customers has skyrocketed. February - 0, March - 9, and as of today 3. Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of dead beat bidders. Lore
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

pstacey
Community Member
I was pretty sure it was May when sellers could no longer leave negative feedback.

Pat
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Great I have time to caught up on some house cleaning 🙂
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

3 nonpaying bidders is a joke - try 40 or 50 in a month averaging $3,000 plus in lost revenue.

Count yourself lucky you only have 3.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hey futuretech_liquidations! I guess I am glad I have so few as in the case of you BUT all I was inquiring is if others have noticed an increase in the number of non-payers RECENTLY. So glad I made your day :).
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I haven't and your sample size is too small to draw any conclusions.

There have been a few threads on the issue and the result as I see it is that overall buyers (especially US ones) are down but NPB's are pretty stable.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Gents, let's look a it from a different perspective. Canadian Consumer Protection legislation protects consumers in such form that they should be able to cancel the contract within certain time. I did not look into legislation for some time, so don't know exactly what that time is these days. 7 days, 14 days ???

Your non-paying bidders are consumers who are cancelling the contract and they should be entitled to do that. eBay makes this easy having a process for "mutual agreement to not proceed with transaction" in place.

Did you never bought something that you immediately did not want or need? For example I bought a furnace filters from Canadian Tire just to find out they did not fit my furnace so I took them back (unopened). No issue, they restocked them for free.

Since I am at this, little off-topic - there is an interesting concept in Consumer Protection Act - you have to be aware of the cost of goods/services before commitment. It's quite common in Canada that consumers learn brokerage charges upon delivery. The only courier who does it (perhaps) right is TNT - they phoned me ahead and asked if I wanted to declare it myself or they should do it for me and disclosed the cost of service. But that's off topo

Just let the non-paying bidders go. It will not help your reputation if you force the customers to stick to the contract before even money exchange takes place. Actually if you do, they might be looking at ways to recover their loss and you are opening yourself to a charge-back, PayPal claim etc.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

We don't force people to pay we infact have no problems with buyers cancelling orders before or after a sale since we rather lose the sale then be pig headed about it.

Besides, anytime you refuse the buyers request is a negative mark against you - guaranteed.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I always accede to a buyer's request for cancellation. The only prerequisite being that he/she at least come up with a lame excuse:^O

It is the ones that don't pay, don't email, don't respond to my emails and let the UPI slide without a reaction from their side that get the neg - but I guess that is about to change in May...

Xena
Message 9 of 9
latest reply