INR claim but tracking indicated delivery. Will Paypal support me or buyer?

Mailed parcel Sept. 13 by Expedited with tracking number.  Canada Post indicates parcel successfully delivered Sept. 20.  Oct. 14 buyer has now put in INR claim.  Will Paypal support me or the buyer?   Would Canada Post pay insurance claim?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Did you add the tracking # to the listing? If not, go to Paypal, click on the transaction, you can then add the details.  Paypal will want all the information. On your summary page, go to your items sold, and add a note for yourself.  When the item was sent, and when it was delivered, incl. time of day.  That way you have all the details in one place.

Canada Post will probably not consider a claim, as the item shows it's been delivered.  You should send a polite note to the buyer, saying, that maybe they have you mixed up wth another seller, as the item tracking # shows it's been delivered.  If someone is trying to pull a fast one, they may back off, as you show you have all your "ducks in a row".  Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Paypal should rule in your favour.You should talk to Canada Post though  as they will investigate and will sometimes pay out the claim even when it shows as being delivered.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member

Add the delivery confirmation number that shows that the package was successfully delivered, to the open dispute. PayPal should decide in your favour.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you add the tracking # to the listing? If not, go to Paypal, click on the transaction, you can then add the details.  Paypal will want all the information. On your summary page, go to your items sold, and add a note for yourself.  When the item was sent, and when it was delivered, incl. time of day.  That way you have all the details in one place.

Canada Post will probably not consider a claim, as the item shows it's been delivered.  You should send a polite note to the buyer, saying, that maybe they have you mixed up wth another seller, as the item tracking # shows it's been delivered.  If someone is trying to pull a fast one, they may back off, as you show you have all your "ducks in a row".  Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Paypal should rule in your favour.You should talk to Canada Post though  as they will investigate and will sometimes pay out the claim even when it shows as being delivered.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the help.  I have followed all of the suggestions except for one.  I never thought that the buyer might have my items confused with another seller.  That did happen to me once before.  Thanks for reminding me.  Will contact buyer and suggest that. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member

Add the delivery confirmation number that shows that the package was successfully delivered, to the open dispute. PayPal should decide in your favour.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply