INTERPRETING FIXED PRICE QUANTITY VS. STORE QUANTITY?

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
On my main page, it indicates 1778 fixed price quantity, yet my store indicates 375 items found in all categories.

I have no items listed as BIN, I have 31 Auction Items, and the rest are Store Items...

Why would my main page show 1775 fixed price items??

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Do you have listings with more than one item? .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
Hi Pierre,

Yes, my store items have at least 3 in each and a lot have 10 available for sale, of the same item.

I started out listing the store inventory with just 1 or 2 available for sale of the same item, but once they were sold, I couldn't revise the listing, just the number available for sale... So, I got more products, and increased the available for sale to the level of each item I physically have in inventory...

Is that what is causing the confusion?

I guess if I added up all the available for sale quantities within the 300 or so, store items I have for sale, then yes, it would add up to almost 1800 items available for a BIN option.

Thanks Pierre, that solves the problem. 🙂

You are always an excellent resource for new eBay Powersellers like myself... Still lots to learn I guess...

Tell me, does your book teach all of this stuff? If so, I have to get one. Is it updated to the most recent, well within a year I guess, of eBay changes, and will it teach me to interpret eBay better, and become a better seller?

Thanks again, and best regards,

Frank

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"Is that what is causing the confusion?'

Yes.

Listings are one things

Total number of items is something else.

For example, I curenbtly have 2,595 listings on eBay with a total of 83,759 items as most listings have a large number of items.

"Tell me, does your book teach all of this stuff?"

Experience. You just can't buy it! ;-) .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 4 of 4
latest reply