If I bid on 2 of the same item and win both bids how do I cancel one

tfed8377
Community Member

How do I cancel a bid if I win two of the same item

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi tfed.. should not do that. Won is a commit to buy and only the seller can cancel and is not obligated to do. Can ask but seller can ignore and open an unpaid dispute. If not paid eBay assigns a strike against your account. 2 strikes and you're effectively blocked from bidding/buying for 12 months.

Even if second high bidder , hold off moving on to a similar as high bidder might cancel bid , making you high and winner.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Bidding is a commitment to pay if won. Never bid on an item you can not pay for. Never bid on 2 of the same items unless you want to pay for both of them if you win.

Even if you do get outbid, the seller may cancel the second bidder or the second bidder may become NARU (not a registered user) due to non payment of too many items - or any other reason which will make you the highest bidder again.

As mentioned, you can request the seller to cancel your bid, but the seller is under no obligation to cancel your bid.

After 2 strikes for non payment, you will find that many sellers will block you from bidding on their items and you will have a hard time finding anything to bid on.

Strikes last 12 months.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You pay for both.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply