If I buy an item from Toronto and I am in British Columbia what tax do I pay if any?

I want to buy an item from Toronto and I live in B.C, Should I be charged tax and how much?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If I buy an item from Toronto and I am in British Columbia what tax do I pay if any?

Hi.. IF the seller is registered with Feds to collect , would be your HST 12% ( i believe it is still 12%). Seller's invoice should contain their CRA business registration #.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'tom-bob',

Yes, it is 12%, - whereas in the old days we would only pay GST for out of province items, now our dear government's implementing the HST you will find it isthe whole 12% everywhere all the time no matter what.  Except books, - those are still GST-only items.  . . .  For now.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
If the seller's address doesn't include the invoice number,ask the seller for it. He is required to have it on his invoices and cannot collect the tax if he doesn't have a tax number.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply