If I return something, is the seller need to pay me back all waht I pay, even the shipping?

thekillern00bs
Community Member

I buy a xbox but it was not working, so I return it but seller did not give me all my money.(He keep shipping cost) I pay shipping for send it back so I thought I don't have to pay both. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If I return something, is the seller need to pay me back all waht I pay, even the shipping?

scifan57
Community Member
The seller is required to give you a full refund,including the cost to ship to you. Did you use delivery confirmation when you returned the item? If so, go to the PayPal resolution center and open an item not as described dispute for the item. State that you returned the item but the seller did not refund your original shipping cost. Add the delivery confirmation number to the dispute. You should get your refund of the shipping cost. Note, this advice only applies if you used a delivery confirmed service to return the item. If you did not use delivery confirmation, there is no way to force the seller to refund the shipping cost.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'thekillern00bs',

Did you mail that back with Delivery Confirmation?  Would you have used ExpressPost, or did you use the cheapest on offer?

If you sent it on the cheap, then you are actually fortunate the seller refunded anything.  Many sellers see that an item is returned without any Delivery Confirmation, and they pretend the item never arrived.  When that happens, there is nothing a buyer can do.

If, however, you do have the postal receipts from when you mailed it and you paid for the better service, the following link will tell you how to go about seeking the rest of the refund, - see Section 4:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

When you use Delivery Confirmation, a seller is required to refund both the item price plus original shipping fee.  A good and decent seller does that when he gets his item back whether you used DC or not, but there are those who have to be forced.

And if nothing else, you have 60 days in which to leave feedback.  If you can be civil and stick to the facts, it is more likely to be taken seriously by other buyers.

Best of luck. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply