If somebody from Canada, has already ever ordered from U.S.A a Frasaco dental model, please tell me the custom and brokers fees he/she paid.

aikaterinikaterina
Community Member

I want to buy the Frasaco model, but each time I buy something and it is coming from USA I have to pay taxes and brokers fees in the end, which is always an unpleasant surprise the amount!

Can anybody give me a hint of what I have to expect this time? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If somebody from Canada, has already ever ordered from U.S.A a Frasaco dental model, please tell me the custom and brokers fees he/she paid.

First off,  Anything with a value of over $20.00 Canadian is subject to HST, taxes and GST  depending on which province you live in.

How much you will pay will depend on who it is shipped with and how much it cost to buy.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Is the value of the item (before shipping) more than $20?

If you want no surprises, look for US sellers who use the Global Shipping Program. This will compel you to pay the applicable duty and tax, as well as a hefty customs brokerage fee to Pitney Bowes who run the program. There may also be a short delay in delivery, because your seller sends the item to PB who then send it on to you.

But no surprises, eh?

Or you can check with Canada Border Services Agency about the duty that is charged on this kind of item. If it is made in the USA (or Mexico orChile) there will actually be no duty.

There will be PST/GST/HST depending on your province.

If the seller uses USPS/Canada Post for shipping there will also be a $10 service fee.

If the seller uses a courier like UPS the fee will start around $25.

So start by asking your seller how he plans to ship. Try for the USPS/Canada Post method which is usually the cheapest for you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply