If someone wants to buy something from me in an auction, may I take the payment and cancel listing

If I have an auction for an item, not "Buy it Now", and someone has offered to buy the item, can I accept it and close the listing?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If someone wants to buy something from me in an auction, may I take the payment and cancel listing

all depends how much time is left on your item and if you have any bids.cancel listing and list buy it now so person can get it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There is also a way to accept highest bid and  end the auction I just can't remember how ..

Maybe someone will come on and be able to tell you how .. It would avoid having to deal with more listing fees

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There is also a way to accept highest bid and  end the auction I just can't remember how ..

If you end the auction without cancelling bids, the high bid is deemed to be accepted and that bidder wins the auction.

As an experienced seller, you probably know that most bids arrive in the last few moments of the auction and these "end auction' offers often come from sketchy members who believe the bidding will go much higher. You may also have unseen snipers who will appear late in the bidding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply