If the money is not on Pay Pal account who do I contact?

Pay Pal states that it takes 3-7 business days to put the money on to my Pay Pal account. But, every time I transfere money from my bank account to pay pal it takes 4-6 weeks. How do I let Ebay know not to close my account due to pay pal taking it's time in giving me my money. I am worried because I use Ebay for EVERYTHING and I don't want to lose my account. Also I have just recently bought something "Thinking" that my money would be on my Pay pal account when the auction ended but it is still not there how do I contact the seller I've sent e-mails letting them know but I don't want to lose out on the item I bought. HELP ME PLEASE!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It shouldn't take 4-6 weeks so you should contact Paypal to find out if there is a problem. Sign into your Paypal account & click on contact us at the bottom of the page.

You should also be able to pay by echeque. You would pay with Paypal even if there isn't money in that account and the money would come out of your bank account. It does take about 7 -10 days to clear so the seller will not send the item until the cheque clears.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'd suggest adding a credit card to your PP account and not worrying about the bank transfer time.

First, becasue your payment to the seller will be truly instant, and you will get your item sooner.

Second, if you pay off your credit card monthly, you will not have any fees . (Yeah, i'm sure some people do this Woman LOL

Third, you have a second layer of protection if the transaction goes badly. Paying from a PP balance or from a bank balance is final. PP cannot refund these payments, only the seller you are arguing with. With a credit card you can go to the card's chargeback policy if there is no help from PP.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you have your PayPal account set up to use your bank balance or credit card as the first option for payment, you will not have to wait for funds to be transferred.  If you are using eBay to buy "everything" you would benefit from having a credit card linked to your account.  When I started buying online, I linked the chequing account I wanted to use to my PayPal account.  I never had to wait for a payment to process and my purchase to be shipped.  When I was confident about how PayPal worked, I added a credit card.  This guarantees your payment, but you do not have to specify your credit card as your first choice for payment.  A credit card specified as the first payment option also gives you added buyer protection.  If there is ever a problem with a purchase, and you have exceeded the 45 days of PayPal's buyer protection, you can initiate a credit card chargeback, up to 90-120 days depending on your card.  There is really no need for you to initiate a bank transfer to your PayPal account if you have linked it appropriately with your bank account and credit card. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What happens if part of the money you pay with money in your Pay Pal account  and the balance you paid with credit card because one didn't have enough money to pay for the total purchase.
Is it going to take long to refund ?
If the seller refunds where would they refund to Pay Pal account or to credit card account ?
Thanks

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I'd suggest adding a credit card to your PP account and not worrying about the bank transfer time.

First, becasue your payment to the seller will be truly instant, and you will get your item sooner.

Second, if you pay off your credit card monthly, you will not have any fees . (Yeah, i'm sure some people do this Woman LOL

Third, you have a second layer of protection if the transaction goes badly. Paying from a PP balance or from a bank balance is final. PP cannot refund these payments, only the seller you are arguing with. With a credit card you can go to the card's chargeback policy if there is no help from PP.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"...if part of the money you pay with money in your Pay Pal account  and the balance you paid with credit card because one didn't have enough money to pay for the total purchase."

It does not happen that way.

If you do not have enough money in your PayPal account, and your bank account is not linked to your PayPal account, the total amount of the transaction will be taken from your credit card.

For more information how PayPal works:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?articleID=FAQ1143&m=SRE&url=https%253A...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If the seller refunds where would they refund to Pay Pal account or to credit card account ?

The seller doesn't have the option of where the refund goes but it should automatically go back to the original source. If you paid by cc, your card would be credited and it will take at least a few days for that to happen.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply