Interesting situation, need help.

Here's the item in question:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5752184439

The buyer is from Portugal. I stopped shipping internationally because I hate dealing with stuff like this, and this is 120V anyways, so it won't work without voltage conversion.

The buyer sent me this after using BIN:

"Please, give me the total amount to BOSTON, MA. If you prefer I'll pay the simple price just now and the shipping after. Tomorow I'll give you the full address at Boston. Regards. Gustavo"

I asked if payment could be sent from Boston, so that I'd have a Confirmed address to ship to from the payment, and so I'd be eligible for SPP. His response:

"Thanks for your fast answer. Yes, tomorrow I´ll have a CONFIRMED address at Boston and I can pay you by bank transfer also.

If you already have your IBAN and SWIFT codes please send them to me. Your feedback deserve me confidence."

What do I do now? Am I safe if I accept payment from Boston from a verified account and ship to the Confirmed address? Or should I accept a wire transfer instead? Are these safe from fraud from my point of view?

Help, please? 🙂
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

shoplineca
Community Member
Take the Wire Transfer. Then the cash is in your hands and cant be reveresed. You could loose with PayPal too easily.

Malcolm
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ononokajibwa
Community Member
Has anyone ever dealt with the VAT tax? If so, can I get this tax back from the UK for purchases I've made there?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There's no chance of fraud with wire transfer if I'm the seller is there?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
None, just as long as the merchandise you are selling is delievered to where it is suppoesed to and you can get proof of delivery.

No worry over PayPal making any stupid and quick decision in favour of the buyer.

Malcolm

Message 5 of 5
latest reply