International shipping options

spidermanuj
Community Member
We ship a lot of 2kg packages to international locations like UK/Australia.
Canada Post is way too expensive and that is it is costing us our sales. The packages are not urgent so even a 10 day transit period is ok but what is most important is reliable delivery and insurance. Canada Post's ground service takes 4 weeks to reach an international destination and does not provide insurance.
Any ideas where I can find a better shipping solution? I live in Vancouver.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Ok, how close are you to the American boarder . I shipped an item to France . 5kg

Canada Post 4 to 6 weeks $65.00

I looked up USPS 4 to 10 days $35.00

Todd
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
In fact ~~~~~call me ....I can set you up that you can drop the item off at our office in New Westminster . We will take the items down to USPS for you . We charge 1.50 per package.

We can set you up with a program with will let you print your American Postage from your computer . You will Also get Free boxes to place the items in . Long enough for the Bat's

1-604-524-3278 call after 9:30

Call me and we can see if there is a saving so you . I am almost certian you will save close to 40%

Todd
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Example 2kg shipped too Australia
20.50 arrives 3 to 5 days
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Todd,

Do you ever have customs problems crossing the border into the US with a "truckload" of parcels? Doesn't US customs charge duty on the parcels coming in? Do you bring the parcels over pre-packaged because one would think that an over-zealous post-9/11 customs agent might make you open everything up for inspection? Just curious to see how much, if any, hassle this option is.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I have all the paper-work filled out~ invoices for all items Items under a certain ( $200.00) value have no duties . All items are prepacked, with shipping on tracking perpaid.

The hassles are part of clearing the items on your own . While they do not happen often , when they happen we deal with them

Part of providing the service for the Customers for $1.50
Message 6 of 6
latest reply