Internet Explorer Paypal Shipping Label Issues

So I was told to use IE to make labels instead of Firefox or Chrome. I still have issues with IE and paypal.

I have to state that the label printed correctly before it allows me to print it.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi - See post #17 in this discussion thread:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Paypal-labels-Tearing-my-hair-out-again/m-p/168297#M17802

The fix suggested by 'pococomputing' has remedied the problem for me, which was that for some reason IE10 started cutting off a small portion of the bar code on the right-hand side of the labels (making the label impossible to scan).  I've had no problems with IE10 Paypal shipping labels since resetting the margins. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@rpgfan182 wrote:

So I was told to use IE to make labels instead of Firefox or Chrome. I still have issues with IE and paypal.

I have to state that the label printed correctly before it allows me to print it.

Are you having other issues other than having to press ok before the label has printed? I've had the same thing happen on IE for a while now. If the label doesn't print properly then you just go into the transaction to reprint it so it isn't a huge deal.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I will try that next time

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

That is the only issue (other than having to use IE).

And I would rather not say that the label printed correctly, when it didn't print at all. What if it doesn't print at all? It's hard enough to get a refund with paypal for shipping labels if they fail, let alone if I say it worked and then have to void it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@rpgfan182 wrote:

That is the only issue (other than having to use IE).

And I would rather not say that the label printed correctly, when it didn't print at all. What if it doesn't print at all? It's hard enough to get a refund with paypal for shipping labels if they fail, let alone if I say it worked and then have to void it.

Honestly, I don't know if it would make a difference as I've never had a label not eventually print. If I am having a problem with printing on one browser, I go into paypal in another browser and reprint the label. Saying that 'no' the label didn't print correctly only allows you to try reprinting from that page rather than going back into paypal...it doesn't cancel the label itself so that's why I've never worried about it. I'm not saying that you are wrong to worry, just explaining why I don't.

I find Firefox more stable when using ebay and paypal. The only problem that I have with printing in Firefox is that the small packet labels are a bit smaller than they are when using IE. Other than that, Firefox has been good. Your first post said that you were told to use IE rather than Firefox or Chrome. I know nothing about chrome but if you post what the problem was in Firefox, someone here might be able to help.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't use firefox. I was just told not to for paypal shipping labels.

I use Chrome for everything without issue. I can print canadapost shipping labels from canadapost.ca with chrome without issues. I can't with paypal for canada post shipping label in chrome for some reason (they are always small).

So I really hope paypal does something to fix this. I reinstalled IE just for paypal shipping labels, but would rather use chrome.

Its not a CanadaPost issue, it's a paypal issue.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You have 24 hours to re-print your labels. If it messes up just hit the re- print button. As long as you do it within 24 hours you're good to go.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I think it is Paypal that has the issue - of not caring to fix their glitches. I constantly get 2 errors from this **bleep** site - one is "

You have entered invalid dimensions. Please check your entry and try again." The dimensions I enter are DEFINITELY way under the requirements and once I get this message, there is no hope but to wait until the next day or just pay through Canada Post's atrocious website.

Then, when using Chrome browser, I get the tiny post stamp sized shipping label, which has been on going now for about a year with no fix in sight. I can live with this problem and have found a way around it.  I use Chrome and I don't care to use IE or Firefox, so why should I be forced to problem solve because Paypal can't wake up? I have phoned for assistance, and I have seen dozens of threads with people having the same problem and I see nothing happening in the way of action from these clowns.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@slartibartfast69 wrote:

I think it is Paypal that has the issue - of not caring to fix their glitches. I constantly get 2 errors from this **bleep** site - one is "

You have entered invalid dimensions. Please check your entry and try again." The dimensions I enter are DEFINITELY way under the requirements and once I get this message, there is no hope but to wait until the next day or just pay through Canada Post's atrocious website.

Then, when using Chrome browser, I get the tiny post stamp sized shipping label, which has been on going now for about a year with no fix in sight. I can live with this problem and have found a way around it.  I use Chrome and I don't care to use IE or Firefox, so why should I be forced to problem solve because Paypal can't wake up? I have phoned for assistance, and I have seen dozens of threads with people having the same problem and I see nothing happening in the way of action from these clowns.

Are you over the minimum dimensions for you shipping service selected?  You may be under the maximum dimensions for the shipping service but have you looked at the minimum?

The most common issue for minimum dimensions is with Expedited Parcel Canada and Expedited Parcel USA.  The minimum for EP Canada is 10 x 7 x 0.1 cm while the minimum for EP USA is 21 x 14 x 0.1 cm.  When creating the listing on eBay.ca, there is little checking on the dimensions entered for the service selected. So you can enter a dimension that is okay for EP Canada minimum but not OK for EP USA minimum.

When the listing sells, the dimensions are passed from eBay to PayPal and fail because they do not meet the minimum for EP USA.

If you check a listing with calculated that has the issue with not meeting the EP USA minimum, then the listing will show Shipping not available and to contact the seller. If you select Canada, the EP Canada will show the correct shipping amount.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

As for the Chrome browser issue with small labels, it has been months and I am surprised it has not been fixed by PayPal. Chrome is a very popular browser.  PayPal seems to be very slow at fixing issues on their site whenever it concerns PayPal shipping.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply