Invite to Recent Listing Sale was 2 Days Late

Since I have the 4 ID's at least one of them will receive an email to let me know the day before a listing sale is about to put me back to work.

I checked my messages three times a day on this ID and the invite did not show up until the sale had been in progress for 2 days.

I'm not really complaining, nice to get the invites, since there was a period of a couple of years where I received none at all which cost me my power seller seals. (Sales are so slow that listing sales are the only way to show a return)

I'm just wondering why the notice was so late this time?

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I find that eBay notices of promotions are late or not at all. This has been happening for a long time (2-3 years) but in the recent months it is taking a day or two to show in ebay messages.

eBay now activates a listing in the listing promos in My eBay Listing Offers section on the All Selling page and in Selling Manager Listing Offers summary page.

You can arrange the order of the My eBay and Selling Manager page.  I have the Listing Offers section right under the Selling Reminders on My eBay All Selling page (my default landing page) so it is easily visible whenever I click on My eBay. I can always see the special promos I am entitled to now (for the past 6 months or more). So the missing message about promos is not so critical now.

So I think eBay is relying more on the Listing Promos page for sellers to notice any promos.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks but all the sites are different depending on when you joined.

I'm grandfathered in at 2001.

My newest site will not allow me to host my own pictures and messes with my head when I try to change shipping.

Not that the new system isn't better, it allows one to name the type of shipping rate you wish to offer and just click the name rather then look around for another of yours listing to click the sell similar link on.

Nothing like that occurs on my other sites. Maybe if I tried to start from scratch BRB

Nope, same old same old.

There is no link to Listing offers on my Selling page, that I can find.

Seller's central takes me to the tutorials. Been there done that.

I was just exploring my dashboard.

"Updated daily"...HA, fees are sill at last weeks level until I click pay now.

Which is a whole other can of worms.

I switch my fee payments to Paypal 8 months ago from a credit card and they keep asking me to update the card..

Maybe I should mosey over to .com (where I joined) and see if that's where that problem lies.

Best get to it before they shut me down!

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Looks like someone is working on fixing a few problems.

I don't remember clicking the subscription box on this post, but I just received notice on a reply, and as you can see...

Thank you heart

Good news, the recent notice for the fixed price listing sale came in right on time.

Don't want to say the squeaky wheel gets the grease after what just happened other wise, but I'm happy that the notice came through on time!

One thumb up the other in my mouth! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
latest reply