Is it allowed to advertise in my own listings?

Every of my listings contains several hyperlinked images that are served externally from my server and link can be changed as well without changing the listing itself. These are currently blank 1x1 images.

Before using this marketing feature, I want to make sure it would not violate eBay rules. I understand I cannot advertise any off-ebay services and that's fine, I will not. Cross advertising of existing products currently present on eBay is quite common, so I assume that is within eBay policies.

But would it be ok if I advertised new product with "Coming soon to my eBay store, check back in few days" pitch, or advertised a future sale in all listings?

Any ideas on this?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There shouldn't be any problem if you advertise a link to your Ebay store. (Ex. specials of the week,etc.).

Frederic
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
I do this all the time, that's the best way to cross promote with the emphasis YOU decide. Most efficient way I found to attract buyers searching my auction and BUY IT NOW items towards my store inventory items. And it works, especially if the visual of your link is attractive. Blank images used as placeholders on items descriptions is a good way to add, remove or adjust your promotions.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply