Is it possible to enlarge an image taken and copied from Google Images.

2budds
Community Member
10 REPLIES 10

I wouldn't do that. You will achieve better results if you take the photo yourself. And you will get into less trouble with issues around copyright infringement. Just because you find something on the internet for free doesn't mean you can use it for free. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Is it possible to enlarge an image...

Any decent paint program can do scaling of size.

However digital images scale best when you make them smaller, not when you make them bigger.

If you wonder about the different size images ebay has for a listing, it's all based on the seller's original large image, ebay never makes the image bigger than what the seller supplied, but ebay does make smaller sizes as needed for display purposes.

-..-

If you have a 480x480 pixel image, you should adjust it to ebay's minimum 500 pixel size by adding a white border (480+20), rather than by trying to enlarge the image.

-..-

And this all assumes that you have the right to use the image...

-..-

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Are borders allowed? I thought that changed with the last set of picture rules released by ebay. Or maybe they mean visible, printed borders as opposed to adding white space. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

On internet there is a place that you could search for pictures labeled for reused without any conditions.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Wikimedia Commons is such a place. Or the UPC websites....?

But not other ebay sellers. Or other commerce websites. That is a big no-no. I found yet another listing of mine just today, as a matter to fact, where the photos, item specifics AND item description had all been stolen. Again. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

NO its google you search for photos labeled for reuse. With my pictures a guy on .com make a fortune in the summer.Even tho i complain he did until he sold everything.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I see. That's interesting. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 4.16.08 PM.png

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

you see its legal 🙂
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes, legal if you pick from the pile wth inherent permissions granted......

If you pick from the collection of Google images cached from your friendly neighbourhood ebay toy seller, not so much. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

i Never do.I take mostly from my suppliers or i make them but some time i google it .I always checked for permited ones
Message 11 of 11
latest reply