Is it unreasonable to request tracking information from a seller more than once? I have asked for a tracking number had no reply at all

lussive
Community Member

I had to wait for an E-check to clear and it did all went well payment was received and everything was ok never heard if my item was shipped fromt he seller. sent an email asking seller said yes sent it a week prior just hasnt had time to post the shipping info but went out canada post expediated I then asked for a tracking number directly and have had no response is it unreasonable for me to ask for more info as I needed this item by a specific date which I actually notified seller of before making this purchase now im worried it wont be here and will be a useless purchase for me

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is it unreasonable to request tracking information from a seller more than once? I have asked for a tracking number had no reply at all

Ebay is not a good place to purchase if you have a time crunch...especially if paying by echeck as this can take a week or more to clear.

That said, the seller should respond to all queries in a timely manner. Bear in mind this is the weekend and some sellers actually take the weekend off.  Nothing wrong with that.

I understand your curiousity as to where the item is but having the tracking number ultimately won't make it get to you any faster.

You can always try calling the seller (not on Sunday though). You can get their contact information by using the advanced search and then find contact information. Ebay will email you with the phone number.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Not all sellers use tracking or delivery confirmation or respond to their buyers. As a last resort for an item that hasn't arrived there is the item not received dispute which has to be opened no later than 45 days after payment was sent and should be opened no later than day 43 to be safe.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'lussive',

Is that for the Stampeders shirt?  An item that expensive will certainly have a tracking number, but some sellers just aren't great at emailing.  If the seller says it's on its way, I'm sure it is.  He has good feedback and nothing to indicate any problems at all.

At the same time, the seller might find the irony a bit humorous:  you yourself use an e-cheque which takes a lifetime to clear, - then you make noises about shipping speed.  Well, Canada Post is slow, and that is not the seller's fault.  If you do not get your item in time, the delay is because you did not have sufficient funds in your paypal account to pay it immediately.  If you did not subsequently pay for overnight courier service, you aren't getting it.  And of course, technically a seller has 7 days in which to ship the item after payment, - although I doubt he took that long.  I also doubt he was checking in at the computer every few hours with your parcel tucked under his arm, waiting to sprint to the mailbox with it the second your payment finally cleared.

So to answer your question - it would not be truly "unreasonable" to nag your seller further, it would simply be juvenile and unwise, - at least at this point.  If, after 4 weeks, the item has not arrived, you might then want to ask the seller about the number.  Cross that bridge when you come to it.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply