Is it wise to buy from China merchants due to their hacking ??

claytn159
Community Member

The chinese are hacking into Facebook , Twitter , government agencies . Should we buy from Chinese merchants on this site ??

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you asking if your ebay account can be hacked?  If you give them your password, it can be hacked but otherwise, I don't think that it happens often....at least I don't hear about it. You do have to be cautious. An authentic email from ebay should show up in your ebay messages. If it is only in your personal email, it could be fake. Ebay and paypal emails should have your real name..not just your id name. Do not click on any links in their emails....a link is often a sign that it is a spoof email. If you think the email is a spoof, you can forward it to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com

Also...I would suggest that you be careful when buying any type of electronic items from Asia as they are not always what they say they are. Name brand items from there are often faked as well.

If a price is too good to be true..it probably isn't true.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It is not wise to buy from China, not because of hacking but because of the risk of getting a counterfeit if it is a well known, desired brand.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply