Is there any benefits to be power seller, except this board?

startup_depot
Community Member
I'm power seller for 3 years now, and I wonder what is my benefits really?

Except self-help on this board I can not recall any assistance from e-bay.

Am I missing something?
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

knarfdotca
Community Member
That's a good question, It would depend on your level of PS, Bronze,Silver or Gold. If you are a Bronze as I am this would be the Major benefit that you get from it.

Some buyers do see it as a sign of respect and their is the bragging rights when your friends and not PS and you are.:^O

The user formally known as Knarfdotca, Soon To be Valuepricedsoftware
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
There are thousands of Buyers who WONT purchase from Power Sellers, so to them it is s sales deterent.

The only other benefit, the US Discussion Board and a better chance of getting a Pink to answer you on that Board than this one.

Malcolm
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
It's funny. I have 3 selling ids since some of the items I sell make no sense with the others. On the two IDs that I started recently (few months) and are not powersellers or high feedback yet, I sell a lot less than if I sell exactly the same item, using the same template on this ID. So although I do believe that some buyers would be turned off by the powerseller logo, it's not my case.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
mirakbiz_inc,
you sell more because of of feedback score, not a power seller logo.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The simple answer is....

NO THERE ARE NO BENEFITS

Actually once you get to the level where there is free telephone support you do receive some sort of benefit.

Personally I'd like to see a much higher level of requirements to be a powerseller in exchange for some sort of reduced fee structure.

It'll never happen as the whole powerseller program is just a simple marketing tool for eBay.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

ononokajibwa
Community Member
I've often wondered what the merits were to being a PS, in short there doesn't seem to be much. Nevertheless, the fact that I can discuss issues about Ebay with like minded people here is a major bonus. Tips abound and I listen very carefully to what folks are saying. Still wish there were some means to reduce my fees but until I find another venue to sell I guess I'll be lurking in the PS arena.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
Well, there's free phone support if you have a store now. PS or not.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

softstar2002
Community Member
I read on the package mailed to me by Ebay when i first became a PS, it mentioned something about Cheaper Final Value Fee, and you get discount when using Canada Post as your shipment method.

I don't seem to read it anywhere on line. Am I missing something?

Any idea?
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

knarfdotca
Community Member
Their are no discounts in the FVF or Listing Fees.

The user formally known as Knarfdotca, Soon To be Valuepricedsoftware
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
"There are thousands of Buyers who WONT purchase from Power Sellers"

I would say there are thousands who SAY they wont but they do. This came up once on the "new to ebay" board and 3 of the posters who stated they never buy from powersellers I busted. I pointed out sales that all 3 made from powersellers. Its a total wivestale that a notable percentage of buyers won't buy from powersellers in my opinion.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
There is an eBay forum specifically for Buyers who dont deal with Power Sellers, in fact they outright refuse to.

I dont know what the big deal is anyway. There are millions of Buyers so having a few thousand that ignore the Power Sellers is not unfathomable. Probably represents less than 1% of Buyers who feel that way.

On the US Board and I have seen it on the Canadian Board, there are Power Sellers who lurk and post but dont display their PS status in their listings.

I never heard that a notable percentage of Buyers dont purchase from Power Sellers, but am aware that there is an active group of anti-Power Sellers.

Maybe they simply assumed in the beginning that all Power Sellers must be honest and good, when in fact that is not necessarily true. It is more of a sales quota thing.

Maybe they have a point about raising the standards.

Malcolm
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Yes they are "anti powersellers" until they need an item and see a powerseller with 5,000 100% positive feedback selling a widget for $25.00 B.I.N. and the closest competition has 38 positives 3 negatives, 5 neutrals. Then they are not "so" anti-powerseller. Good thing ebay allows one to set up a different buying ID! Then they can go back to the little chat group.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
There is no way to have 100% feeback.

I have an experiment with leaving NEG to every deadbidder. We will see how long will I last. Just left first 3 this weekened.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Just to add. I'm experimenting with startup_depot account. Don't have a hart to screw with itrecovery as yet 🙂
Message 15 of 15
latest reply