Is there any other way to convert Paypal funds to cash instead of my cheq. acc.?

I want to know if I can convert Paypal funds into "cash in hand" funds other than threw a chequing  account of my own, threw a bank?

Thanks in advance M. MacInnis

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Is there any other way to convert Paypal funds to cash instead of my cheq. acc.?

If you have US$ cash in your PayPal account, you can:

1) convert from one currency into another and keep it in your PayPal account to fund your future purchases.  You could maintain both US$ and Cdn$ balances

2) convert from US$ into Cdn$ and withdraw to your Canadian bank account (no charge if you withdraw more than $150)

3) leave the cash as is until you need it.

4) alternatively, if you have a large volume of business, you can open a bank account at a bank located in the USA and transfer those US$ to that bank without conversion (a US dollar denominated account held at a Canadian bank cannot be used for that purpose).  However, you will need at some point to bring back those US$ into Canada and will have to convert at that time.  The US based account is not worth it unless your monthly volume is substantial (US$10,000+)

Message 2 of 2
latest reply