Is this true?

I found this in a listing I was looking at. True?

What eBay does not tell you the Buyer is that the DSR rating effects the Seller and the fees eBay charges the seller. If the Seller has a higher DSR rating they receive a discount on their eBay seller fees as well as a higher ranking in searches.

Why is this important to you? Because I can offer you the lowest prices around with this discount. It is plain and simple, if  I do not get a discount from the ever rising eBay seller fees, then I must raise the price of the products to stay in business and continue to sell on eBay.

Please remember a Seller must make money to stay in business. Whether you pay a low product  price and high shipping fee or high product price and low shipping fee, YOU are still paying for a product and service to get it to you. Please consider the overall price you are paying when giving your DSR. 5 Stars  = Better Deals for YOU.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Is this true?

@spendmoneyhere2014 wrote:

I found this in a listing I was looking at. True?

What eBay does not tell you the Buyer is that the DSR rating effects the Seller and the fees eBay charges the seller. If the Seller has a higher DSR rating they receive a discount on their eBay seller fees as well as a higher ranking in searches.

Why is this important to you? Because I can offer you the lowest prices around with this discount. It is plain and simple, if  I do not get a discount from the ever rising eBay seller fees, then I must raise the price of the products to stay in business and continue to sell on eBay.

Please remember a Seller must make money to stay in business. Whether you pay a low product  price and high shipping fee or high product price and low shipping fee, YOU are still paying for a product and service to get it to you. Please consider the overall price you are paying when giving your DSR. 5 Stars  = Better Deals for YOU.

Is what true? If you meet the criteria of To seller something or other, yes, you get a discount off of FVF, subject to conditions, exclusons, availability, etc.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

That Detailed Seller Ratings are one part of how selling fees are calculated ? Yes.

That the seller is a whiner? Yes.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

It is not necessary for a seller to put this in a listing...

It is a reality for everyone on eBay...

Begging for top ratings  does not mean you deserve top ratings....

Some sellers do very well and have  a top level standing on eBay

Everyone pays fees,  some sellers do well and get a discount on FVF...due to a TRS... Top rated Seller... standing...

One does not need a discount to provide "good" prices....

My prices are my prices and they are not dependent on my receiving a TRS discount..

-------------------------

Is that content  true?

Sort of... but ...  that was yesterday.

Because  tomorrow... as of August 20  ...  things will be changing....  there will be a new set of standards that eBay will be using to measure a seller's standing on eBay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many sellers  say... eBay made me do it... or... I have to measure up to eBay's rules.

Forget about eBay's rules...Meet the requirement ....as per rules ...without exception.... This should be automatic... long before the rules were set....

.... Put together a top level selling business on eBay....

have a standard... a level... higher than eBay can set

and no matter what  eBay measures....  such a seller will do well on eBay....

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

This seller says he gets higher ranking in searches if he has good feedback? Is that true? I see all these sellers who do not have good feedback who are put before my listings and I think it is based on who makes eBay more money.

It would be nice if it was based on feedback but I don't think it is.

Yes, the seller sounds like a whiner. Why put all that in your listing? I don't think a buyer cares that your listings will get higher placement if they leave you good feedback.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What he means by "is it true?" is that many buyers don't know that if they give us sellers less than 5 stars or lower ratings or neutral, they are hurting us in big ways.

Lots of buyers think they can give us less than 5 stars not realizing that by doing that they are hurting us.  So it is unfair that eBay not making the buyers aware of that.

As for "whiner", who knew, he got fed up for getting less in DSRs than he should received.  I am sure that you would feel the same if you get trashed by your buyers for no reasons, or just because, etc.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

""not realizing that by doing that they are hurting us. ""

I am sure that they do this as they choose....

and after many years  they understand the consequences of low ratings....

Maybe not directly....  but they understand... atleast the buyers that have been around for a long time...

and... How many sellers say they  are also buyers

If you as a seller do the "right" thing... have a top level business....  Why would buyers leave low ratings?

If this seller is getting low ratings..... maybe he deserves them....  This seller should clean up his way of selling... 

Asking for top ratings  may do the reverse.... promote the leaving of low ratings....

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

Hi Cumos... what will be the change next august 20 ?.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

Aug 20th is the implementation date for the new seller rating system.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

do we have an idea what will be the changes ?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?

Actually, this topic has been flogged like it is a carpet hanging over a fence with a Baba wailing on it.

Whereas, before, seller ratings were based on a very narrow number of stats, any one of which could torpedo a seller, eBay is going to a broader based defect system. They could have used any word, but, chose "defect" as that seems to be the most annoying word they could find.

It counts things differently.

My "opinion" based on what I "think" is that they are trying to reduce the number of Top Rated Sellers who get the 20% discount. I also have the opinion that I think they are lowering the floor for suspensions.

I "think" less TRS discount, but, poor performing sellers will get more chances to clean-up their act.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Is this true?