Item I bought is not new, it is damaged and dirty,gave one star.Seller wont accept return without me

I bought a 'under water camera' the listing said new, open box, I received a dirty , damaged item, left feedback with one star.The reply was 'he does not see every item he sends out" ( I don't really understand , it is his item he is listing)

I then opened a return request, seller sent message saying they want me to fix my rating, or they wont accept return.

Isn't what he is asking extortion?         Was I wrong to leave honest feedback???

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Item I bought is not new, it is damaged and dirty,gave one star.Seller wont accept return without me

No, the seller cannot make it a condition of accepting your return that you retract or revise your feedback. If you have a Significantly Not As Described case on your hands, the seller is obligated to accept that return, whether he likes it or not. Plus found the return shipping.

You were not wrong to leave honest feedback but there is nothing to be gained by leaving negative feedback before your issue is resolved, as you have seen. 

As to the question about him not seeing every item that he sells, your seller may be a drop shipper who lists and sells items not actually in their possession. 

Regardless, escalate this case as soon as ebay permits it so that your seller is forced to accept the return.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply