Item details currently unavailable

charlottestreasures
Community Member
I am getting alot of: Item details currently unavailable on my items and on my ebay items as well.

Anyone know what is going on?, is it just me? or what?
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

llee2
Community Member
Just another glitch by the looks of it...

Probably be back to normal in an hour. *sigh* Guess eBay's Christmas gift to everyone this year is glitches galore.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I had that yesterday when I had an hour to sit down and get some work done. I ended up having to do something else while it got fixed, and missed out on some probable sales. Frustrating, but I guess we have to live with it.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

ebay.ca was like that
ebay.com was not
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
.ca always seems to have problems!

The "view author's auctions" from these boards and "view seller's other items" links from auctions pages never work for me on .ca
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Acurael, funny you should say that as I always meant to ask if anyone else has that problem. I often try to look to see what our fellow chatters are selling and the link never works. I have to type their id's in the search. Strange isn't it!!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
"ebay.ca was like that
ebay.com was not"

Actually, .com was like that, because I don't use .ca - only .com and it was definitely not working yesterday.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
deltone.. I do the same thing.

easiest thing is to open the link in a new window, wait for the 404 error, then change the url from .ca to .com

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Thanks acurael!!!!
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
deltone & acurael,

I will follow in your footsteps on the viewing problems. I need to go to the .com board to view. Bid history as well on an item. Large amounts of .ca are messed up and this is why I am glad I operate mostly from the .com side of things. Less problems. It is when I am searching that it becomes a real problem.

Don
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Okay Moira..... you monitor this board and there are numerous complaints with .ca What is going on?

Ebay offer free listings on .ca and we list a large number of items, pay the add on fees for other features, but now find that for a portion of the time, features or details may not be accessible.

Will we get a refund for add on fees, adjustment to listing durations or just any compensation?

Your reply is appreciated.

Jeff
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
Jeff,

You are barking up the wrong tree. Ebay would never, never give us fees back. This glitch thing has been going on with some parts of eBay.ca for close to six months now and they will not even admit to there being a problems. I have been unable to use the contact eBay directly system for at least six months when I have a problem. I can get to the page fine but when I click the links to advance further about the question I have it will not allow me to do it. All my questions must go through PS help links. Good thing I only ever had two questions in 3 years for eBay and both were before the links went down. I have come to accept these problems and have found ways to work around them even though I should not have too. Heck my SA Pro program only works betweem midnight and 5 PM over the winter months with the time change. I agree with you that we should not have to deal with this but you will not get honest answers as that would admit blame and then we would have the right to ask for money back. As I said earlier it will not happen. Let eBay think we are dumb. One day they will be surprised and get caught with their pants down. Then will be the time to move forward.

Don
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
O don't know.... I guess because there is no real alternative, we are held hostage with minimal service, no opportunity to demand corrections or fees adjusted accordingly. Doesn't sound right to me!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
Jeff,

Try doing a search from the search link on the .ca home page right now. You will draw a blank. And I mean a blank. Yet nothing is mentioned on the annoucement board about this problem.

Don
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Don,

I just did a search on the Ebay.ca site and it came up with results.... (I searched items under sellers name - mine), so maybe it was a temporary glitch! Still, since they accept fees, they should deliver on service 99.9% of the time and I believe they are falling somewhat short of that.

Jeff
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
all of my auctions suddenly became unavailable!
i hope this gets fixed quickly
Message 16 of 16
latest reply