Item didn't arrive. Seller said they resent it (20-30 more days). Still didn't arrive.

hokachu
Community Member

It is well over 45 days now and the seller said they refunded it through Paypal more than 24 hours ago but I haven't gotten a notification from Paypal, and my account shows no new activity. I asked for a receipt or some evidence to show there was a refund but they didn't respond. 

Now I am unable to dispute it , or leave feedback, and the seller completely scammed me. Can I report this seller for fraud? Why is the deadline to dispute so short? For broken items, or being unhappy with a purchase they should stick with a shorter time frame, but for other cases they should have a longer deadline. If an item is shipped from China with free shipping it takes around 20 days or more. If the seller offers to resend the item it will take another 20+ days. The process of waiting for a response from the seller, and for a refund also takes time. 

I want to be able to leave feedback to tell people what this seller has said and done. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Item didn't arrive. Seller said they resent it (20-30 more days). Still didn't arrive.

If, as experienced eBayers recommend, you used Paypal to process your credit card payment, go to the 1-800 Customer Service number on the card and ask about a chargeback.

Have all the information about dates, prices, postage costs, transaction numbers etc, handy for the clerk to refund you.

However, did you look first at your cc balance? If you did use your cc for payment, the refund will go there, even if you used PP for processing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If an item is shipped from China with free shipping it takes around 20 days or more. If the seller offers to resend the item it will take another 20+ days.

Seriously, it's only short if the seller is scamming you. I would never recommend allowing an overseas seller to send a replacement item, because there is no reason to believe the outcome will be any different.

Ask for a refund and start a new purchase if you still trust the seller.

Air Mail service from Asia actually is pretty fast. Check out the number of flights from Hong Kong and Shanghai that land every day in Vancouver.  Surface shipping is very very slow and is the excuse of the scammer. China Post heavily subsidizes all exported packages, as part of China's economic strategy. This includes Air Mail.

You have only 45 days to Dispute a transaction, but the Dispute gives another 20 days for completion.

You have 60 days to leave feedback.

You can leave a Response to the seller's feedback , if any, indefinitely.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply