Item has been shipped, Paypal held my money

eddiestallworth
Community Member

Item has been shipped, Paypal held my money, and ebay told me the buyer was fraud !!!

My situation is really special !

I am a new seller on ebay, I sold something like a prepaid card at Feb 24. I recieved a email from Paypal with the message "You received a payment , You can now ship any items", so I shipped it in the next day, and uploaded the tracking number as soon as possible.

In the next few days after the shipment, the payment in my Paypal account has a "held" status. I thought the payment would be avaliable after delivery. Now the shippment has been completed, the item has arrived to the confirmed address. The status is still "held".

After the item delivery completed, I recieved a message from ebay says that "We recently learned that someone was using an account to bid on items without the account owner's permission. For this reason, we have canceled all bids " . 

It is terrible because the item has been delivered !!! The value of the prepaid card is the code, so it make no sense to return it !

The buyer also opened a dispute, I tried to contact the buyer, and he also said his card was fraud. I think the card has been used by somebody, and no money comes to me ....

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Item has been shipped, Paypal held my money

Check the payment details page at PayPal. If it indicate that it's eligible for Seller Protection then you will be covered if you can provide proof of shipment or delivery.

Fraudulent Use is the easiest type of claim to win.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply