Item not returned Any Suggestions??

pelicanrose
Community Member
Well I messed up!! Just before Christmas a buyer purchased two pairs of jeans from me. I made an error and sent one pair in the wrong size. Once told of the mistake I told the buyer I would xpresspost the correct size right away so they would arrive in time for Christmas. And I would reimburse the postage on the ones she was to mail back to me. So after Christmas I emailed to say hope all was good and that I trusted they came in time. -No answer -Again a few days ago I emailed again and so far no answer- Do you think she intends to keep all three pairs?? In the original email she seemed quite nice- but now no response. What should I do??
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Do you think she intends to keep all three pairs??

Afraid it's beginning to look like it. Pull her contact information and call her - she may change her mind when confronted with a real person.

Ann
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

u-deserv-it
Community Member
sounds like it to me too...you think people would extend you the same courtesy..you sent her the correct pair immediately via expresspost so as to not ruin her christmas..and this is how you get repaid...hopefully they weren't worth alot in case you don't get them back..
Kat
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

laplaya29
Community Member
It would be nice to know who this buyer is so that I can block them.

Thanks.
Bill.
Check out my eBay listings for Antiques, Collectibles, Postcards, Books, Mocassins, Prints, Georgian Bay and Lighthouse items
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

djbullet2005
Community Member
I always give the benefit of the doubt in these situiations. If I don't get an e-mail right back I right away pull contact information and call them. It's great having VOIP lines that have free long distance to North America and I believe Skype is getting pretty popular as well.

I shipped the wrong shoe size out to a woman in my province, I called her since it was Christmas and time was tight. So I xpressed her the correct shoe size and told her to donate the other shoes to charity since the cost of shipping it back, the rare shoe size, plus the headache etc. I just didn't want to bother!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I did the same thing; shipped the wrong book, replaced it with the right one, and asked the buyer to donate the mistake to her favourite animal charity. After looking at it she decided she'd rather keep it, and insisted on paying for it.
Nice to come across an honest buyer!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

u-deserv-it
Community Member
they are out there..but i think the bad ones just tend to stick out more in our minds..
Kat
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

pelicanrose
Community Member
Well I took your advice about phoning but no luck so far. First time I did not leave my name and was told she was not in. Second time (3-4 days ago) I left my name and number and so far no return call!!

Is there anything I can do about this buyer?? Also I'd be happy to give the ebay ID to the one who asked but not sure if it is within ebays "rules" to post it.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
You can post an item number. That's eBay legal to do. 😉

As far as getting the other item back, nope sorry. It's a hard way to learn but unfortunately that's what you have to do. I did that a few times too. Very foolish of me. I got some stuff back and one I didn't. Oh well. I screwed up. It was my fault and ran into a not so honest buyer. I try to be really careful now and do one at a time.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

nxtdriver
Community Member
If a buyer tells me that I sent an incorrect item, I always ask for a pic of the item. Sometimes I get a pic and yes it shows that packing stuff late at night doesn't pay off and other times the problem 'disappears' and I never hear from that person again. Its a good way to weed out the scammers.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply