Leaving positive FB prevents seller from filing Unpaid Item

No need to worry about UID strikes when buying on eBay. All you have to do is to leave positive and seller is stuck with fees and cannot initiate UID anymore.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Are you sure? That would surprise me.

The again, why would a seller leave pos. FB if he/she did not get paid??

Bernie
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

When buyer leaves positive.

I found out today while filing UIDs. Buyer left positive on unpaid, unshipped item, and I cannot strike him.

Even tried through http://rebulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateUPIDispute ... no luck.

If you have a competitor, go ahead, buy a house from him and leave a PFB leaving them with eBay invoice to pay.

This platform is falling apart.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

That doesn't seem quite right (that it is possible).

I will test the system between our accounts.

Have you tried marking "paid" and then "unmarking"?

Bernie
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Wow! then stuff is really going screwy!

Have you called them on this? When I called about my buyer that paid $1 for shipping - refund and reinvoice - I couldn't file UPI. I was told they were having problems with buyers cancelling payments and sellers being unable to file UPIs.

Maybe this is yet another glitch and the UPI system.

What a mess!
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Bernie, I did not try marking paid/unpaid. How is the test coming ? Can you confirm my finding ?

Jakee, I did not call eBay. I called them once in my life and I cannot think of anything right now that would make me do it again.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

bighillbargains1
Community Member
I cannot think of anything right now that would make me do it again.

LOL

You could do it for us other sellers... so we would know for sure :^O
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Jakee, I did not call eBay. I called them once in my life and I cannot think of anything right now that would make me do it again.

LOL

I'm sorry but I had to laugh. It's so true. :^O I had a drink beside me when I was on the phone with them and I rarely drink. I knew it was going to be frustrating but I still had to call.

The guy I talked to was infuriatingly stupid to talk to but the girl was a bit helpful.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I had to laugh when I read that too!

In hopes of saving everyone a little pain, I just wrote a post to Vincenzo from ebay on the selling board. Hopefully he will reply tomorrow. LINK
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Sorry Roman, I had forgotten.

Anyhow, I just bought something through a buying account and left pos FP.

In my selling account I was able to open the mutual UPI, no problem. The "buyer" agreed to the cancellation and all worked well. There was no need to mark or unmark anything.

Not sure what is different about your transaction that you can't initiate the UPI.

Bernie
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I am still hoping someone monitors this board as posts sometimes disappear without trace - thus saving me the call. I seen a pink message occasionally show-up on Canadian Seller Board, may be Vincenzo, pjcdn2005 mentioned.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

dipmicro, Vincenzo did answer my post and asked for a link to this post which I gave him..I hope that's ok.

How long after the sale did you try to do the UID?
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

The sale of 330394621804 and 220539286468 to buyer on May 17.

Buyer left positive on May 27.

I tried to file UID on June 3, but I do not want to file it anymore, turns out we had some agreement with the buyer, so in this case it's actually good it did not let me. We get 10-20 questions daily, so it's harder to keep track after 2 weeks.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Sorry Roman, I had forgotten.

Anyhow, I just bought something through a buying account and left pos FP.

In my selling account I was able to open the mutual UPI, no problem. The "buyer" agreed to the cancellation and all worked well. There was no need to mark or unmark anything.

Not sure what is different about your transaction that you can't initiate the UPI.

Bernie

You started a mutual cancellation not a UPI giving the buyer a strike. That's the difference. I could have started a mutual too but I didn't want to do that for a few reasons - 1 I don't like them paying and walking away. I feel eBay needs to know that buyers are doing that and 2 my buyer really wanted the item and if she saw cancellation she wouldn't have agreed to it and I'd have been out the FVF.

Try again but don't file for a mutual cancellation and see what it says.

eBay likes to say there aren't a lot of buyers buying and not paying and they base it on the numbers of UPI's filed. If sellers don't file then eBay doesn't know what's going on.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Ok, so the suggestion is I buy, leave FB and wait 4 days until I can file a genuine UPI? I can do that but I think I will still be able to file the UPI w/strike capability.

Bernie
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

I know the time-line changed where you have to file within 30 days, but the time line for a mutual cancellation is 45 days. I had to do mutuals vs UPI's a few weeks ago on transcations over 30 days old.

On another note: buyer emailed me today to say how upset she was she could NOT leave me POSITIVE feedback because now it has to be done in 30 days.

Why do they keep changing things that don't make sense to change?
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

FB can still be left up to 60 days as far as I know.

Bernie
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
It's 60 days for leaving feedback. I don't believe they've changed that but hey, who knows.

I don't remember reading an announcement about that though.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply