Limits on # of Items/$ Amts Allowed to Sell

Yesterday out of the blue I received a message from Ebay Customer Support telling me that a maxium selling amount for listing activity had been placed on my account.

WTH is that all about. I have been selling on here for over 10 years, my Seller Dashboard shows me to be Top-rated for Performance, Policy Compliance as High, Detailed ratings just shy of being 5.0.

I just do not get it. In the message it had the following and I quote " Please understand that the actions we have taken do not mean your account performance is not good, but we do this to help all Ebay sellers further improve their selling history and account performance." end quote. 

I will greatly appreciate any imput, explanations etc that can be offered

Kind regards, retrobabyboomers 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

wow, I've got no clue. Could it be the designers named on some of your pieces? Or mentioning a brand like, "Frascati"? Maybe try phoning them? Or try the US ps board?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I had a temporary restriction on one item not too long ago.  They gave me the exact same message that you received.

I thought it ironic that the item was one design only of a pill box that I sell in several different designs.  The other designs were not restricted.  Just a bunch of hogwash as far as I was concerned as there was no ryhme nor reason for it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks art-in-the-making & westernstargifts for your replies.

Here is some more information to further clarify subject title and this is taken directly from the message I was sent and I quote

"The account will be able to list $6,000.00 worth of listings in a calendar month *and* The account will be able to list a total of 300 items in a calendar month.  If you do reach one of these amounts during the course of a month you will be unable to list additional items or increase the price or quantity of your active items until some of your items end without a winning bidder or until the 1st of the next calendar month, (If you are still exceeding the maximum selling amount at the first of the next calendar month your selling activity will continue to be blocked.)" end quote

This why I am so confused as to why I would receive such a message after selling on here for over 10 years and many times having had way more than 300 items in my store

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You really need to call eBay to find out.  Keep calling until you get a CSR who will look into this.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply