Link FROM my website to eBay listings

I read somewhere that any eBay sale made as a result of traffic directed to my eBay listings from my company website is eligible for a FV discount of 75%. There was even code that you could put in the link on your website. Of course, when I needed it, I couldn't find the info again. I contacted eBay, who insisted that 'that promotion is over'. I'm pretty sure it is an ongoing policy --- can anyone comment/help with this?
Thanks!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

That program was canceled within the last few months.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The cancellation of the referral program (75% off FVF) was announced in January.

For more information, take a look at thsi http://forums.ebay.ca/topic/Selling-On-Ebay/Seller-Update-Is/500047402&#msg500871551

Post #6 addresses the issue. 😞
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification. It's too bad it was cancelled - seems like a no-brainer for driving traffic to eBay.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

The problem is that some sellers really overdid it.

They were using low cost advertising through AdCommerce with a referral link, earning 75% FVF rebate in the process.

The drop of the referral program cost me almost $1,000 a year. 😞

And life does go on....
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Go the other way then...the new Adcommerce on eBay sends your buyers to your website instead of to your eBay listings. Worth a shot if you enjoy your website sales more than feeBay sales!!! (Don't we all)....;-)

Cheers,
AXE
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Go the other way then...the new Adcommerce on eBay sends your buyers to your website instead of to your eBay listings. Worth a shot if you enjoy your website sales more than feeBay sales!!! (Don't we all)....;-)

Cheers,
AXE

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Ad Commerce program was cancelled too.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Ad Commerce program was cancelled too.

You are right, and you are wrong. The OLD Adcommerce program was cancelled, where your ad brought traffic to your eBay store.

The NEW Adcommerce program now shows your ad on eBay, and directs your customers to your website store, NOT your eBay store. I know first hand, because an Adcommerce rep called me last week and helped me set up a new ad.

Cheers,
AXE
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

... and the old AdCommerce system (linking to your eBay store) is still available on eBay for the United Kingdom, Australia and European sites.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

The NEW Adcommerce program now shows your ad on eBay

???

Where can I get info, Axe?

Bernie
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Wriite to AdCommerce
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Hi Bernie,
Yes as Pierre says, write to them (they only show an email system for "contact us").
I'm surprised their sales dept. didn't already contact you (or maybe they still will).
The lady that called and set me up with my new campaigns said that many ebayers were abusing the old system and trying to link their ads to outside websites anyway, so to combat that and still generate good profit, they decided to discontinue the old system and go with a new system that allows ebayers to link their ads directly to their website stores, all on the up and up. Seems to me they are losing profit by sending buyers outside of ebay, but gaining profit from the ads instead. I don't know...we will see how it goes. May be a real learning curve involved here.

Cheers,
AXE
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I contacted them by email and here is the answer:

Thanks very much for your interest in using AdCommerce to link to your
off-eBay website. Right now, AdCommerce only allows linking to webpages
within the eBay network, but we are currently testing other linking
structures in small groups. Please check the AdCommerce blog at
www.adcommerceblog.com for updates.

Thank you for your understading and patience.

Come to my store
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Then I guess I am one of the chosen few!!!!!!!
Ooooh...I'm so honored!!! LOL

AXE
Message 14 of 14
latest reply