Listing Advice

Curious if I could get a bit of wisdom in terms of some of my listings. I have recently been adding quite a bit of new items and was hoping someone could maybe take a look at some of them and possibly give me a few pointers. I've made lots of changes and I'm currently trying many different variations in terms of shipping and whether its auction or fixed price just to see what works. I haven't seen much action in my listings in a while so any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Listing Advice

Hello 'bigt...', 

My initial reaction is a couple of questions, --

Are you sure you have the shipping correct on all your listings?  You are in Ontario and I am in BC, so let's say I bought either the hoodie, the baby clothes, or the men's check shirt.  Are you sure you would be able to mail those items to me out here for the costs you have listed?  

And all but one of your listings is in Canadian dollars.  Is that what you intended?

Also, on your 'best offer' listings, have you set a limit that you will be happy to accept?  That way you will never have to contend with "low ball" offers, as anything below your decided price will be automatically declined:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/best-offer.html#automatically

Further, if you offer combined shipping on the purchase of multiples, why not state that specifically and ask buyers to wait for your invoice.  There is no need to restrict this to Canadian buyers, as once you have the parcel weighed you simply enter the dimensions into the Canada Post spaces and get the shipping costs for the various options.  

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

For most sellers, the greatest portion of their sales goes south of the border, so you would not want to deter potential customers by telling them they do not get any discount on multiple items.  Shipping everywhere is expensive so sometimes the only way to make purchasing feasible is to buy numerous items from one seller.  

Those are my first thoughts.  I can go have a closer look . . . .  Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Listing Advice

Hello 'bigt...', 

My initial reaction is a couple of questions, --

Are you sure you have the shipping correct on all your listings?  You are in Ontario and I am in BC, so let's say I bought either the hoodie, the baby clothes, or the men's check shirt.  Are you sure you would be able to mail those items to me out here for the costs you have listed?  

And all but one of your listings is in Canadian dollars.  Is that what you intended?

Also, on your 'best offer' listings, have you set a limit that you will be happy to accept?  That way you will never have to contend with "low ball" offers, as anything below your decided price will be automatically declined:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/best-offer.html#automatically

Further, if you offer combined shipping on the purchase of multiples, why not state that specifically and ask buyers to wait for your invoice.  There is no need to restrict this to Canadian buyers, as once you have the parcel weighed you simply enter the dimensions into the Canada Post spaces and get the shipping costs for the various options.  

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

For most sellers, the greatest portion of their sales goes south of the border, so you would not want to deter potential customers by telling them they do not get any discount on multiple items.  Shipping everywhere is expensive so sometimes the only way to make purchasing feasible is to buy numerous items from one seller.  

Those are my first thoughts.  I can go have a closer look . . . .  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Listing Advice

Thanks for taking a look at my listings dmil8030.

I have recently been trying numerous things in terms of shipping and pricing. Example is a few where I offer free shipping and incorporated the estimated shipping cost into the listing itself. Another that I'm trying is flat rate shipping for about 5 or 6$ CAD and $8 USD then adding a few extra dollars to the actual listing to cover costs (just an experiment).

For combined shipping. For a little bit I was confused on how to offer the US a combined shipping option. I've read that if I offered combined shipping on Ebay.ca, all the Canadian buyers will be able to take advantage of the Add To Cart option when making a purchase but on the flip side, when a buyer from the US comes along they wont have that luxury due to the fact I've listed in CAD currency. So initially I did post that offer was only available to Canadian as I didn't want to risk any bad feedback in case I muffed up. I soon realized that could potentially scare away the Americans so I've opted to get rid of that little paragraph in my listing (Still in the process of removing some).

The reason I have a listing in USD currency is due to having a listing on E-bay.com. I have opted for that Tera Peak application and according to that graph, I have absolutely no impressions or clicks coming from E-bay.com. As far as i know when listing on E-bay.ca, as long as your allowing shipping to the US it should show up there too. From what i was seeing is that wasn't the case. So as a quick test I listed on E-bay.com in US currency. Just to see.

I also would love to learn how to ship internationally. This little beast is super confusing.

Thanks again for your help.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply