Listing Fee Credit From Relist - Which One - 1st or 2nd ?

This board seems to be so quiet lately ...

Normally I use-up unsold listings for second relist and it amounts to approx $20 credit on monthly invoice.

From recent promo I have hundreeds of unsold listings. I did not list anything since promo, odd days (1,3,5,7) get direct pull from approx 100 auctions listed for that day and even days sales continue by inertia.

Is the listing fee credit amount the original listing fee (promo) or the relist fee (regular fee) ? eBay help is not very specific on this.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

"Is the listing fee credit amount the original listing fee (promo) or the relist fee (regular fee) ? "

It depends where the item is listed.

eBay.com is very specific: the relist credit will be the lowest of the two. Check this http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee-credit.html

"If you originally listed the item during a promotion and your original Insertion Fee was lower than the Insertion Fee for your relisted item, you'll be credited for the lower of the two fees if your item sells the second time. "

On eBay.ca, according to a post by a staffer a while ago, they do not expect to change the policy of crediting whatever the regular listing fees are if you relist an unsold listing from a promotional day.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I think Pierre can give the definitive answer.

If I recall correctly (and I may not), on .com the relist credit would be the original (lower) one. Perhaps on .ca you still get the second (higher) credit.

Again I'm not sure, it's been so long since there has been a promo of this type, in the past I had a "rule" to never relist from a promo but at that time all my listings were on .com.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

There you go!

Listen to Pierre and ignore my comments (unless they are the same!).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks Pierre and Recped. I list through eBay, so it's very little additional effort to "Relist" vs. "Sell Similar" so I will use them up anyway. If it's 10c credit, it's still better than no credit 🙂
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Actually Pierre mentioned that eBay.ca has more generous policy. Even better, since I am doing everything through .CA.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

"eBay.ca has more generous policy"

Sorry folks - NOT ANYMORE. The rules have quietly been changed on eBay.ca. The current policy now reads "If you originally listed the item during a promotion and your original Insertion Fee was lower than the Insertion Fee for your relisted item, you'll be credited for the lower of the two fees"

For more information on the eBay.ca policy, please check this http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/insertion-fee-credit.html
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Pierre, I could swear this was not there when I started this thread.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I noticed the change this morning as I am getting ready to relist some unsold items from the promotion.

Using SYI3, I saw the usual "You may receive an Insertion Fee Credit if this relisted item sells" on top of the second page. I decided to hit the "insertion fee credit" link and learned of the policy change.

Not nice!

I then hit the back button.

I'll simply list a few similar items on eBay.com since eBay.ca no longer offers the relisting credit advantage.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply