Listing Promotion - 1000 Items Per Day - BEWARE

On Feb. 13, I listed 1000 different items using Turbo Lister.  As I expected, I was charged no fees.

On Feb. 19, I had 954 items in my UNSOLD section.  I listed 46 new items to make up for the 46 I had sold.

I relisted the items in my UNSOLD using the bulk relisting method. 

I checked my account to insure that I was not being charged.  Guess what?

I was charged for 81 items at 30 cents each - $24.80. 

I looked through my listings and found 81 items that were marked as DUPLICATES.

Now if I started with 1000 different items - and relisted the UNSOLD items - where did the 81 DUPLICATES come from. 

Today, the 1000 items I listed on Feb. 14 ended.  I went to the UNSOLD to relist them.  I relisted 200.  No problem.  Another 200.  No problem.  After relisting 800, I decided to check.  Guess what?  Another 81 DUPLICATE items and another $24.80 charge for listing fees.  As a test, I tried to relist the last 200.  When I got to SUBMIT ITEMS, It told me that I would be charged $60.00 in fees. 

Is this just my account or is it happening to anyone else?  You might want to check.

I am scared to relist the 1000 that are ending on Feb. 21 and the 1000 that are ending on Feb. 22.  So, I lose out on the last two days of free listings.

Signed:  SCREWED SELLER

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Duplicates? Do you mean listings in two categories?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I got ripped off today too, listed 69 items today, they were charged against my monthly free 50, not the free 1000 per day as they have been in previous days.  I had 49 left from my monthly listings before and after my listings tonight, I now have 0 of my free monthly , the 19 over the 49 were charged to me - only $6 but there is definitely something wrong with the ebay site. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@peekie2 wrote:

I got ripped off today too, listed 69 items today, they were charged against my monthly free 50, not the free 1000 per day as they have been in previous days.  I had 49 left from my monthly listings before and after my listings tonight, I now have 0 of my free monthly , the 19 over the 49 were charged to me - only $6 but there is definitely something wrong with the ebay site. 

I looked at your newly listed items and it seems to me that you used 1 day auction duration.  The promo is for 3,5,7,10 days auctions, no 1 day..

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay note: This duplicate listing is not visible to buyers yet. It will automatically become visible if your identical active listing receives a bid."

This is what it says below the auction listing.  Two problems with this. 

1) I only have one item.  If it sells, the second item will become "visible" to bidders and I could sell an item I don't have.

2) Some of the items are hockey cards and are listed for only a little more than the listing fee.  Why would I pay a listing fee for an item that is not going to sell for much more - and if it doesn't sell, I am out the listing fee. 

The items are all auction items in one category.  You are not allowed to list identical items in auction format.

I should also say that I have called eBay.  They have removed the listing fees from my account - thanks!

However, they have not resolved the initial problem.  The lady I talked to said she would pass it on to the "technical section".

It has been almost 24 hours and I have still not heard back from anyone. 

I relisted 200 items this morning from my UNSOLD items.  There were 264 to start.  After I was done, it still shows 264 in the unsold section - even though it is set to show only items that have NOT BEEN RELISTED. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Didn't have time to cancel all the duplicate listings.  One of them has sold - a card I have only one of - but two have sold.

I was supposed to be contacted by someone in the "technical" department to tell me if this was unique to me or a general problem.  Still waiting.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply