Listing promo : Make money and have fn to do it!

10 REPLIES 10

Read the terms.

Read the terms

Read the terms

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Pierre I read the terms and did not see anything that stood out......what did you notice?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

"what did you notice?"

What I have noticed over the years is that many sellers do NOT read the terms of a promotion.

The questions generally come once the promotion is over:

why was I billed for listing an auction?

a fixed price?

a second category?

FVF?

GTC duration?

specific category?

did not get an invitation?

etc...

This promotion is one we have not seen in quite a while: both auction and fixed price formats are included. Everyone registered as a seller is eligible without an invitation.

However, some restrictions do apply:

if listing on eBay.com, times are Pacific time

if listing on eBay.ca, times are Eastern time

GTC duration is NOT eligible

many categories are NOT eligible

2nd category is NOT eligible for free listing

FVF do apply on all transactions

all options are extra

Only sellers with minimum seller performance standards are eligible

All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may exclude an...

Finally, as usual,

Please note: For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

If everyone reads and understands the terms, many problems will be avoided and many questions will not need to be asked. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Why does this offer not show up in the Announcements section? I was worried it might be spam? The offer doesn't appear on my selling page at the bottom under "listing offers" as it usually does. Should I be concerned?? Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

"Should I be concerned??"

No.

The promotion is legitimate. Check "My Messages".  You should find it there IF you have elected to have eBay contact you for promotions.

Some promotions show up on the Announcement Board, some do not.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, last question I promise, I just went to list with Turbo lister and all my auctions have an error advising me to accept the international selling agreement - I can't find this anywhere! Can someone send me a link, or let me know where to look. Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Create 1 listing on the ebay site using the regular sell your item form. During the process, this agreement will come up for you to accept. This is the only way I know of to do it. After that, turbo lister should not get the error.

Chris

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I'm so accustomed to these promotions being by invitation only, that when I got the announcement on one account, but not the other, I assumed that again.  Until Pierre mentioned above that it was eligible for all sellers.  🙂

It's funny though -- on my primary account, I didn't get the announcement in my Inbox or in My Messages, even though I'm set up to.

My day just got brighter!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I didn't get a message or email about it either so I'm glad that someone shared that info on the board. There is a message about the promo on the ebay home page but I'm sure that some won't notice it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

For fight_figures.  When I get free listings promos, I usually checked by listing or relisting one item and see if the fees is $0.00 and that is when I knew it is real and start listing or relisting or both.    It is not that hard.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply