Local Pick Up Question

I just sold an item and was picked up. How do I go about marking this item as sold and leave out the shipping fee since it was picked up?.

Also, I didnt know I had it on private listing. Is there any way to reverse this?.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Local Pick Up Question

Go to your Sold list.

Over on the right there is a drop down menu.

Click on Mark as Shipped.

Leave feedback for your buyer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

Do the following

(1) Send an invoice with zero cost for shipping and noted as local pickup in the invoice.

eBay uses this invoice to calculate the Final Value Fee

(2) Mark as Payment received.

(3) Mark as shipped.

Then... Take a deep breath... Drink a cup of coffee ( or other appropriate drink) ...   and carry on 

That is what I do.....

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Local Pick Up Question

Go to your Sold list.

Over on the right there is a drop down menu.

Click on Mark as Shipped.

Leave feedback for your buyer.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

Do the following

(1) Send an invoice with zero cost for shipping and noted as local pickup in the invoice.

eBay uses this invoice to calculate the Final Value Fee

(2) Mark as Payment received.

(3) Mark as shipped.

Then... Take a deep breath... Drink a cup of coffee ( or other appropriate drink) ...   and carry on 

That is what I do.....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

Hopefully you did not accept paypal for payment

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

They paid it right away using paypal. Whats wrong with using paypal for local pick up?.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

Thanks. I guess when the buyer chose local pick up and paid for it, ebay automatically recognized that there was no shipping.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

Nothing at all.

You pay a fee which you wouldn't if it was cash but now YOU get to set the terms for the pick-up, if the buyer fails to appear....well you have the money.

Somebody will no doubt come along and tell you the buyer will be filing an Not Received claim, if that were to actually happen you would just indicate it was a local pick-up and the case would close in your favour.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

Oh ok. I was never worried about that. Scams happen, im not gonna refuse paypal(if it was possible) and turn down a sale.

The guy picked it up right away and left the feedback an hour later.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

I really don't understand these "free pick-up" people. I offer a 6 dollars delivery fee to Montreal, the tracking included. Unfortunately, I still have people who are ready to drive 50 km in the winter time to "save" money on shipping. Do they "save", really? How much they pay for the gas? How much time they need to spend in their cars to get to me..? A real mystery ....... recently, I decided to add
"no pickup available" to all of my listings ...  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Local Pick Up Question

38-  I agree.

I prefer not to have people come to my house, so I used to offer to meet them on Sunday at my church after services. There's lots of free parking and you can get a nice cup of tea from the Hospitality Committee.

Nobody ever took me up on it though.

You're welcome. God ain't.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 10 of 10
latest reply