Local Pickup

I think have a sale soon with buyer coming for local pick up, how is shipping handled re fvf since no shipping involved, is it just ignored re invoice?.  I guess will just be charged on item no  fee on shipping that was listed is this right?     Thanks for silly question

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Local Pickup

" is it just ignored re invoice?. "

Simply send the buyer an eBay invoice with ZERO shipping.

That will take care of the potential problem with FVF.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup

Send the customer, when he has paid, a new invoice with zero shipping for his records. You can say that in the text box along with your thanks for a pleasant transaction.

Mark the item paid in your Sold list.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup

If I remember correctly, buyer could turn around and claim "Item not received".  Does not matter if you have a signature for acceptance from purchaser.   eBay will still demand a confirmed tracking number.

I sold a couple real high priced items where purchaser came to pick up item.  I went to the bank with him, where he purchased a "cashier's check payable to Gifts of Elegance" and took it as payment.  Then I had him sign that he has inspected the item, found it to his satisfaction and understood that the sale was final, not returnable or refundable.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup

No,

The buyer can only claim Item Not Received and get a refund if the invoice was paid through Paypal (or I assume be the other acceptable electronic services, like Skrill*)

If the buyer pays cash, he cannot get a refund.

* Which sounds like a deejay in a dubstep nightclub-- but I'm old.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup

Actually the Paypal Users agreement states that transactions that were picked up or delivered in person are not covered by buyers or sellers protection.  But I don't recall the MBG mentioning that so a case opened on ebay may be covered.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup

@reallynicestamps wrote:

No,

The buyer can only claim Item Not Received and get a refund if the invoice was paid through Paypal (or I assume be the other acceptable electronic services, like Skrill*)

If the buyer pays cash, he cannot get a refund.

* Which sounds like a deejay in a dubstep nightclub-- but I'm old.

Right.  I automatically thought of PayPal.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply