Looking for tips to promote your site

itrecovery
Community Member
Question to fellow power sellers.

As many of you I venture into making my own site/store, which I have almost finished. The next step to make it visible on the net.

I don't have that much experience in promoting sites, SEO optimization an so on; and I will appreciate member's feedback on how you drive traffic to your site.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

. use TITLE tag wisely (probably most important SEO technique)

. get back-links

. put your website URL in your signature in all relevant forums you post to

. newsletter to your customer base

. marketing insert in all your eBay shipments (I use the other side of my packing slips)

. signature in eBay message responses

also make sure your website comes up in google as first result when people type in your eBay id, i.e. get the same website as your eBay ID or vice versa.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Btw. many have obsessed about "About Me" page on eBay. I find those claims overrated but it may server as good quality backlink.

I forgot to mention the most important traffic puller technique - a good quality content will bring most traffic.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

By far the most important:

"also make sure your website comes up in google as first result when people type in your eBay id, i.e. get the same website as your eBay ID or vice versa."

It works!

Also -

put your website URL in your signature file on all email messages you send. It works!
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

If you google your user ID today you get http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=itrecovery&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Somehow, you have to get your username/website URL at the top, instead of IBM.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

jerseypros
Community Member
By far the most important:

"also make sure your website comes up in google as first result when people type in your eBay id, i.e. get the same website as your eBay ID or vice versa."

It works!

I must be missing something? Why would anyone looking to buy from you "google your ebay id"...if a buyer knows your ebay id wouldn't they just go to ebay?

Please enlighten me....
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

> By far the most important:
>
> "also make sure your website comes up in google as first result when people type in your eBay id, i.e. get the same website as your eBay ID or vice versa."
>
> It works!

>
> I must be missing something? Why would anyone looking to buy from you "google your ebay id"...if a buyer knows your ebay id wouldn't they just go to ebay?
>
> Please enlighten me....

You want to show them there's an alternative to your ebay site. That way you piggyback your ebay visibility onto your own website's visibility. Or vice versa. -------------------------------------------------------------------
Every day, a businessperson has to ask himself 2 questions;

Am I being paranoid? and
Am I being paranoid enough?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Another idea - upload all your website listings to Google BASE.

They have a significant following. -------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I being paranoid? and
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Thank you everybody! Some food for thinking...

The actual shop is not itRecovery. Used game was really good, but it is dead now in my opinion. I want to merry my hobby and business with my dazmode(.com) project.

Dazmode e-bay id comes up right on the top of Google, so I guess something I'm doing is right. But under "watercooling" terms I'm not existing on the web as yet.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
New e-bay design drive me nuts. How in the hell I can see the whole thread?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

New e-bay design drive me nuts. How in the hell I can see the whole thread?

I don't know if this is the proper way but I use the pagination gadget on the bottom to show hidden posts.

Yes, hiding the posts is quite stupid feature. Also the editor I type in right now is very small with smallest font although there is an acre of empty screen around it. Fortunately Chrome allows expanding the editing areas.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

> New e-bay design drive me nuts. How in the hell I can see the whole thread?

At the bottom of the page, where the page numbers are, press the "<" to see the whole thread if you're on page 1. If you aren't, go to page 1 and then press it. -------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I being paranoid? and
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

> New e-bay design drive me nuts. How in the hell I can see the whole thread?
>
> I don't know if this is the proper way but I use the pagination gadget on the bottom to show hidden posts.
>
> Yes, hiding the posts is quite stupid feature. Also the editor I type in right now is very small with smallest font although there is an acre of empty screen around it. Fortunately Chrome allows expanding the editing areas.

Well, that didn't work.

Try pressing the symbol thingy to the left of "Page" at the bottom -------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I being paranoid? and
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Other ideas -

Facebook has a widget that will allow you to post all your listings on your facebook page, so I'm told - I haven't done this yet.

Post them, then take part in their forums using your signature link to your FB page.

The hot new thing is Twitter - you can tweet about new arrivals and sales that you run to a following that you build up, supposedly on their forums as well. Again, I haven't done this myself.

Participate in online gaming forums using your siggie link to your ebay store. -------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I being paranoid? and
Message 14 of 14
latest reply