Lower price is not everything

Had a customer, who was looking to buy a wholesale pack of product. I was surprised this customer made the purchase from us for $175 inc. shipping while knew he could have ordered that item direct from wholesaler for $147.

He told me they never answered his emails. I know this well, because we tried to email them many times and they simply do not use email. Once they responded to my email inquiry by hand-writing on the packing slip when order came (really!), but the best method to contact is to phone, this guy is very sweet, just never bothers with emails.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

For the same reason we are able to sell our wares for higher pricing.

Customer service is everything and, as I have always advocated, low-price is one of the lesser things one should focus on.

During the so-called recession, we raised pricing across the board 2x. Sales went up, not down.

In our hectic and commercially over-saturated world, buyers are more and more looking for convenience rather than wasting their precious time to save a mediocre amount of $$'s. Their peace of mind when dealing with established and reliable sellers is often worth a few bucks to them.

Bernie
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Customer service is everything and, as I have always advocated, low-price is one of the lesser things one should focus on.

AMEN!

Our sales have been way down but I still find that I sell more FP items than I do auctions. When it comes to buying, I won't deal with someone who doesn't answer emails.

I learned that lesson from my father a couple of years ago, when I was a kid...lol. He ran a home based business and ALWAYS followed up ASAP on phone calls. His business was small but successful because it was built on the principles of quality and service. And he treated the little guy exactly the same as he would treat the big guy.

Come to think of it, eBay could have learned a lot from my Dad.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It sure isn't, I just had some work done on my car exhaust, I had two quotes, one from Speedy and one a bit cheaper from Crappy Tire.

I went to Speedy because I was confident they would have me in and out quickly and take care of the "little things" while my previous experience with Crappy Tire shows that they can be a bit slow and a bit sloppy (but still acceptable for this basic type of repair).

I was quite happy to pay the extra $40, I feel like I got "value" for the extra cost.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply