Marketworks missing payments with Paypal send money tab

hahrete
Community Member
I used to use marketworks and there is a way to catch the paypal payments made from the send money tab.

In your paypal account, click on profile, the click on money receiving preferences, then check the box that says, Users who initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab and fill in the url section with https://www.marketworks.com/pay.asp?

That worked for me and I hope it helps anyone using these services.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

bh542
Community Member
You don't use Marketworks any more? I am looking for a good tool works with eBay and I think Marketworks is one of the best. But it's too expensive (it would be somewhere between $100us and $200us per month for me). Maybe it worths that much. I am using MS Access 2000 to do everything and I don't want to get rid of it---it's easy to control and change. So data exchange is mandatory for me.

Andrew
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

bh542
Community Member
No body has experience with Marketworks or other management (or just checkout) tools?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Andrew
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Sellers Assistant Pro (NOT selling manager).

It's built on an Access database, flat monthly fee with no extra charges. Not Web based, all data resides on your computer.

Ben

Note: soon to be replaced with a complete rewright under the new name eBay Blackthorne.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
don't even TALK to me about MW!

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
lol, ive been paying $40 cad roughly now for 8 months and havent even touched it, too hard to figure out, i think its about time i should cancel eh...

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

bh542
Community Member
Thanks Ben.

I tried Sellers Assistant Pro and found and had too many error messages. Also, I need a checkout with Canadian tax setting. It seems that Sellers Assistant Pro doesn't have that function. Am I right?

catseye*, did you have experience with MW?

Andrew
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
Yes, I do. But I'll be leaving them shortly because of their support issues.

They do not support Macs anymore. No warning. Nothing. The site still mentions Mac support, but it has now become almost unusable for me. I'm muddling along till I find an alternative.

And now they say they only support the latest IE on a PC. So quite a few customers have problems with the checkout.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

bh542
Community Member
If the costomers will have problems with the checkout, I would consider giving up. It takes too much time to learn. But I am wondering why those high volume (e.g., feedback more than 200,000) sellers are using it if the checkout is not compatible with old IE or MAC.

Andrew
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
because we weren't told. As new improvements roll out, the compatibility is failing.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
I use Sellers Manager pro
It does the Canadian Taxes with a few tweeks
Great relisting tool
I also use sparedollar for image hosting
To upload I use Turd lister lol

Now when on the road , I use my cell phone too upload too Ebay...Got too love Fido's $50 data package for the cell phone
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

bh542
Community Member
auctiondropship,

Could you give me some hint for setting Canadian Taxes with Sellers Manager Pro. I subscribed to it but never know how to do it. Is it ok for listings on US site?

Thanks,
Andrew
Message 12 of 12
latest reply