Miriam SVP update on fix for shipping glitch!

Hi - last week had terrible trouble with my input shipping info getting corrupted when the items launched so that shipping was way over charged. I edited all the items.

Sunday night I listed 30 items and yesterday discovered that once again the postage showing when I look at one of them was about 3 times what it should be. Back I went into the first item to edit it only to see that all the size, weight and shipping service info was correct. There was nothing I could do to "fix" the problem.

Spent time with LH who confirmed to me that this is a know glitch and tech is working on it and I should end all the listings.......THERE IS NOTHING ON THE AB about this problem. How many other sellers have listings out there that are being disadvantaged in search because the shipping is showing sky high or that no potential buyer will even bother to open because the shipping looks wacky!

I want to know when this will be fixed so I can get back to listing.......we are damned if we don't include the into and damned is we do.......I certainly am not the only one that has been affected by this problem!

Why are known glitches not being reported on the AB!!! How can we know when it is safe to proceed? I don't have time to launch dozens of items and then have to turn around and end each one and chase down credits!
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi bits-n-pieces,

We don't report all known bugs on the Announcement Board; as a rule, we report the ones are impacting large groups of users. For instance, if we had a bug that wasn't allowing ANY sellers to specify shipping, we would definitely post that on the AB.

I believe the bug you are encountering (and correct me if I'm wrong) is a Turbo Lister bug. It is occurring only under a very specific set of circumstances and for a very small number of sellers. (I realize this is cold comfort when you happen to be one of those sellers.)

The bug is still open and still being worked. I don't have an ETA at this point.

In the meantime, are you able to list using a tool other than Turbo Lister? Blackthorne, Selling Manager, Sell Your Item form? I realize it's not be an ideal work-around, but at least you would be able to get some items back up on the site while this bug is in queue.

Let me know if I'm looking up the wrong bug or if I can chase down any other information for you.

Thanks,

Miriam
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I did create the listings using TL so that may be the right bug. Everything is input correctly in Turbo and the auctions that launched still had the right info in the shipping fields when I opened them to edit.

I don't pay for 3rd party listing services and could list using the syi, but as you know that is not convenient and it is very time consuming. I may have to resort to that just so I can get some items up.

I take issue with the policy of not reporting things that may only affect a small number of users. What is the problem with just giving a heads up and saying "a small number of users may be affected by xxxxx and we are working on it" so at least we would have a place to check to see when it is fixed! The only way I'll be able to tell now when it is safe to use TL again is to launch an item, check it and then end it if it is wrong. Wouldn't be a problem if I only listed a couple of items at a time, but I need to get 20 or 30 a day going asap.

I appreciate your help!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply