Multiple US Buyers Unable To Finalize Purchase On Our Listings Due To Software Problem/Glitch

We are receiving multiple messages from multiple different US buyers stating that the software is not allowing them to purchase our listings.

Please see item number 301364305268 for an example of the most recent message we have received today which we answered and posted on this listing. We contacted ebay rep on phone and were told all of our listings are USA ready for purchase. The rep even stated she tested our listings and was able to test purchase a few different items from her personal USA ebay account.

Our sales have dropped by more than 40% in the last month or so and weird thing is that, this is the same time period where we finally re-acquired our top rated sellers status badge.....cheez wiz how ironic is that?

We triple checked all of our listings for possible mistakes regarding shipping, payment, location etc.....

We are paying fees to ebay every single month for this store and we need a solution to this problem. Contacting ebay has been totally fruitless and pointless since we are told everything is running smoothly but in the meantime we keep receiving messages from potential buyers asking why they are unable to purchase our listings.

This is a major impasse for us especially with the holiday season and black friday right around the corner. We are hoping that maybe a member can help us or possibly the moderator censuring thiese forums can forward this message further up the food chain in the ebay ladder of power.

What other recourse are available to us at this time? We are at a lost at present time and our sales are suffering tremendously. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jen

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Multiple US Buyers Unable To Finalize Purchase On Our Listings Due To Software Problem/Glitch

What exactly is happening when they try to make a purchase from you?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The many messages from the different buyers state a variety of reason from software stating we dont ship USA to they need to contact us to verify if we ship to their country and others.

So we tought maybe it was our buyer requirements that was causing the problem so we cleared it totally. So in other words we no longer have any buyer requirements meaning we now accept buyers that have more than 3 unpaid in one month and etc...

The only requirement we have left is that we do not ship to Indonesia and Italy. But the potential buyers messaging us are all USA buyers.

The latest buyer to message us today is a red star member with well over 2000 positive feedbacks and a member since 1999.

Like I stated earlier we have tried everything we can possibly think of to try and fix this problem and are at stumped.

Thank you for your reply.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The only thing I can see that looks strange (but I usually list using .com, not .ca) is the shipping for the US. It shows shipping by CP USA LetterPost and also by Can. Post International LetterPost. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can use Can. Post International for the US. That would be for anyplace other than the US I think. I could be wrong though so maybe someone else who list on .ca can confirm. Or try removing and see what happens.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I did read on the U.S. boards that some buyers were having problems paying last week but that seems to be fixed so I'm not sure what problem buyers would be having right now.

If a buyer is shopping on .com they can't use the cart for items listed on .ca but your problem doesn't seem to be for multiple purchases.

Do you have any requirements set up for buyers in Paypal?

All of your listings except for  items 301374195017 and 291282068731 are showing prices for shipping to the U.S.  so U.S. buyers should not be having problems buying or paying for any other listings so I don't really have any useful suggestions.

If a U.S. buyer messages you about the problem, ask them if they would sign into .ca to see if they could make the purchase on this site. It isn't supposed to make a difference but it can't hurt to try.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

The only thing I can see that looks strange (but I usually list using .com, not .ca) is the shipping for the US. It shows shipping by CP USA LetterPost and also by Can. Post International LetterPost. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can use Can. Post International for the US. That would be for anyplace other than the US I think. I could be wrong though so maybe someone else who list on .ca can confirm. Or try removing and see what happens.

That's just the way that the shipping is set up...it doesn't cause any problems.

If a seller specifies that they ship worldwide rather than stating specific overseas countries, the shipping calculator will consider the U.S. as being part of 'worldwide' so it will show the shipping costs for the U.S. and for the rest of the world. It's been like that for a long time and it shouldn't affect the OP's listings as they do have a price for the U.S. as well.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

On another note, you should consider changing the U.S. and international shipping on the Moorecraft item. If an item plus shipping is more than C$850 and a buyer claims the item was not received, you qualify for seller protection only if the item shows delivery confirmation with an online signature.

The only Canada Post service to the U.S. that offers that is Xpresspost USA.

It looks like Xpresspost International which is offered in some countries has a signature option but I've read that some countries don't make sure that the item is signed for.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

To pjcdn2005: Thank you very much for your input, we have modified all the listings you mentioned in your replies.

And we have finally fixed our problem but never received any help/acknowledgement of any sort from any ebay reps even after reaching out to them on multiple platforms.....ebay's customer service is nothing but a farce directed by a bunch of clowns. Reality can be harsh but sometimes must be exposed.

We are very lucky that we keep internal records of all online actions performed to our ebay account or we probably would never have been able to fix this issue.

The problem, once again is based in ebay's antiquated software that fails to perform on a daily basis across the entire ebay platform. The problem arose from using IE with the bulk listing tool provided by ebay which compromised all of our templates.

Our mistake was to believe that ebay could actually provide a tool that would actually work properly....sigh.....

The best outcome of this experience is that it forced us to open a new selling account on a competing platform and that store has had an influx of sales within the first week so hopefully within a few months we may be able to simply fade out ebay from our business plan.

Thank you all for your help

Message 8 of 8
latest reply