Multiple identical listings by 3 new Ebay users, all with zero ratings and new accounts?

bb.4613
Community Member

During a search today I came across 3 brand new eBay users, all zero rating, each selling the exact same item and quantity of that item. The listings themselves are identical, all the same pictures and text. The 3 users are in very close geographic proximity to one another, based on location info provided.

I found the listings highly suspicious, any suggestions as to what I should do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Multiple identical listings by 3 new Ebay users, all with zero ratings and new accounts?

under the ad, there should be a button to click report item, then follow the buttons, to report duplicate listings.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Or three people in the same family or bookclub or church decided to use the same dropshipper.

Stuff happens.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Given the product being sold and each selling the exact same quantity thats highly unlikely, the odds would be astronomical in this instance.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That's how dropshipping works.
The reseller chooses items from a catalogue. There are pictures, a set description and a suggested selling price.
That similar people might pick similar items that interest them and use a canned description and pictures is not at all unlikely.
This is not to say that this is not the work of a single scammer. It's just that there are other explanations.
And most dropshipping suppliers are scammers, but their victims are the resellers, not the buyers who are protected by eBay and Paypal.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply