My Love/Hate Relationship with Kijiji Sellers

I think I've stated this fact before but when buying off of Kijiji my "fail" rate on deals is 75%.

Now I don't mean that 75% fall through but that a significant amount of them are "not as described or agreed upon", once I've shown up to buy them.

Things missing, fudged numbers, embellished conditions, counterfeit items etc....

But sometimes good things happen 🙂

I made an agreement to buy from someone who had 4 different ads with "my kinda stuff" for sale (I'm assuming you all know what I sell by now ;)). We agreed on a price and I always before I head out do a "order confirmation" 😉 email to be sure all is peachy. Much to my dismay the lady said she's misread an earlier email and one of the items (a 2013 TV Series season set in "Like New" condition), she now did not want to include in the deal after originally saying yes to. She went on about how new it was and how much is was worth when she bought it. Oh well, the rest of what I was getting was more than worth the price including a rare DVD collection set, the gem of the deal, which alone would make my money back and then some.

So I arrive at the house and check the items, Hooray this deal went down as all good!! As I was checking the rare set I mentioned how great it was to be getting this set and she goes "Oh I have another one I don't have listed" and would I be interested. I didn't think anything of it right away as I hadn't brought any extra money and figured she'd want more for it. I said sure I'd take a look and how much did she want for it. She said "I'll throw it in", alright cool!!

So she goes and gets it and it's a TWICE as rare collector's DVD set than the one I already got as part of the deal and worth at least THREE times what her precious DVD TV series set that she wouldn't include in the original deal was worth!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I hear ya. Blindly stumbling into something. At an auction a couple weeks ago. Almost turned around and went home. Bought a set of after market tail lights and some fake tail lights guards for $13. Figured I should at least get $40. Real Hummer H2 parts.

I am drawing attention to them at $450.

It doesn't happen often, but, It does happen.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I love Kijiji as you never know what you will happen buying or selling. I sold an item on Kijiji yesterday that I paid 5.00 for at a garage sale and sold it for a tidy profit... some instances much better than eBay as no fees and no shipping.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have a hate hate relationship with that site... I do thinks a little different from you as I am more Wholesale and do not by single items if I buy a title it is by case count which is usually 30 copies per title..

I have tried a few guys on kijiji with Deals like $800 for 400 DVD's ..

I write them saying what are the titles .. My usual response is for that price it is random titles..

Well When you deal with Major Wholesale across Canada and the US  Knowing the titles do matter..

I can get DVD's for 25 cents all day long but I don't because they are garbage titles or just not worth the time and effort ...

I would explain saying titles do matter because on any given day i can buy 1000 titles for less then $2 each  but never ever do they bother to let me know the titles..

I gave up on Kijiji because with the amount of wholesalers under my belt it is just not worth it anymore.. I love finding deals but with my 200hr a month career I do not have time for that ..

Diamonds in the rough are all over for me .. 1 year ago I bought a boxset $45 Cost I bought 90 sets .. Sold them for $100-$200 without complaint .. Even now I have few titles I sell that I make 500% profit on ...

I love to hate kijiji but if I was in your boat Seasonal work I would probably take the time to find some sweet spots..

Goodluck partner

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I love Kijiji, my adds bring customers in from all over. last week i had someone stopping by on there way back to Windsor(5 hours from here) and bought an item they saw on Kijiji.

its always pays to advertize your brand out there.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

True enough ... This year coming will be a big one for me and advertising will count.. I am doing my own website starting Feb... Will start advertising on facebook and Kiijiji...

Let's hope aqll goes well because it is alot for me to take on .. My actualy job from oct16 to nov 16th I wil work 260 and that isn't me even touching my store and business so hopefully I can manage ...

I will put kijijiji to the test for adevertising ..

Message 6 of 6
latest reply