My cell phone is amost paid for.....

oxmounter
Community Member

In an other couple of months, it will be paid for, having paid $20 or so for the past milliion years as part of my monthly bill. 

So, when the phone is paid for, will they automatically reduce my bill by so much $$$ monthly?

I'm sure Telus wouuld tell me if i asked, but I'm looking for some independent advice.  I don't know much about the phone thing.

Thanks for any feedback.

At eBay, we're not happy until you're not happy.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

My cell phone is amost paid for.....

rykkm
Community Member

If you got your phone for little or no $$ by signing a 3 year term or some such thing, then paying it off is a great thing. Generally, those 3 year terms build in the price of the phone into that contract. So no, your bill will not be reduced, but you are now free to explore other options if you so choose, like other providers offering a better deal. That phone you have is locked to Telus, most likely, so if you change providers, it will need to be unlocked to use with anyone. Telus will do that, for a fee, as will other places. If you dont care about the latest phone, or stuff like that, I would suggest keeping your current phone and explore what plan with Telus suits you. Are you overpaying for services or minutes you never use? Once contract is done, you can scale back if you like, save a few bucks per month, getting a "lighter" service if it is warranted. Hope this helps.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 2
latest reply