My customer canceled sale, I refunded money and shipping to her ..how do I get my EBay fees back?

I am a new seller on EBay and this is my first sale cancelation.i refunded the customer her payment and shipping in full, but EBay still charged me the fees on shipping and the payment, as well as the Paypal fee. Is there any way to get these fees credited back to me?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My customer canceled sale, I refunded money and shipping to her ..how do I get my EBay fees back?

Send your buyer a polite note letting her know you will be opening a Mutual Cancellation. Tell her that this will formally end the transaction. Tell her that she doesn't have to do anything and the MC will not affect her status in any way, but if she agrees promptly you will be reimbursed the fees you paid eBay for helping with the sale, which was then cancelled.

Tell her that if she doesn't do anything, the sale will still be formally ended, and you will still get those pesky fees back, it will just take longer.

Thank her for her help.

You'll find the Request for a Mutual Cancellation up on the right under Customer Support > Resolution Centre.

Politely-- Captain Mal Reynolds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Send your buyer a polite note letting her know you will be opening a Mutual Cancellation. Tell her that this will formally end the transaction. Tell her that she doesn't have to do anything and the MC will not affect her status in any way, but if she agrees promptly you will be reimbursed the fees you paid eBay for helping with the sale, which was then cancelled.

Tell her that if she doesn't do anything, the sale will still be formally ended, and you will still get those pesky fees back, it will just take longer.

Thank her for her help.

You'll find the Request for a Mutual Cancellation up on the right under Customer Support > Resolution Centre.

Politely-- Captain Mal Reynolds.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help!
Connie
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Paypal automatically returns your fees when you refund.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply