My descriptions are all in HTML format when I use the Sell Similar Item option

Is there a way to change this back to normal or is this a glitch?  I do not wish to list all my items in HTML format.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Fixed....changed compatibility mode for eBay site. Look under Tools option in upper right of screen for anyone else wondering how.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks very much, I was getting downright irate trying to list. You made my day. Cheers, Bill
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I will post this reply I have making to topics like this for others to read. This has a link to how to set Compatibility mode in IE.

Recent updates to Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11) that are automatically installed by Microsoft has caused issues with the Sell Your Item form tabs for Standard and HTML. If you try using compatibility mode in Internet Explorer options, this seems to fix the problem.

Here is a Microsoft web page describing how to set compatibility mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

On the above web page, you can choose which version of Internet Explorer that you have (9, 10, 11).

Eventually, eBay may fix their description editor to work with the latest Internet Explorer and not require compatibility mode. So this fix may stop working one day. Keep this in mind.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply