My item tracking number does not work. Every time I click it it just opens up my purchase history page, any help?

sanghkk
Community Member

The item is coming from Hong Kong...it said expedited shipping in 2-6 business days. It was shipped on November 25th.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

My item tracking number does not work. Every time I click it it just opens up my purchase history page, any help?

Enter the number into the Canada Post website.

www.canadapost.ca

or the Hong Kong Post Office website.

http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Unless the Hong Kong website tells you the number is meaningless, there is little to worry about until at least December 15, about 20 days after shipping.

And given Christmas mails, Dec. 22 would be the earliest to actually start an Item Not Received Dispute.

Most of the numbers that eBay/Paypal gaily refer to as "tracking" are merely "delivery confirmation" and are not useful to the buyer. The seller needs to be able to prove delivery in order to defend an INR dispute.

And some are not even that. PP accepted the shipping invoice number Canada Post supplies with Light and Small Packet as evidence for the shipping requirements for Top Rated Seller status although it is  not in any way tracking.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply