My items turn "shipping not specified" in the searches.

I tried searching for my items today and I get "shipping not specified" for shipping cost and they end up at the bottom of the list when sorting for lowest price.

My postal code is in the search bar and the shipping calculator is set up properly. If I open one of the listing however, the shipping cost is displayed properly. 

Any idea of what is going on?

Could you guys try to search for a few of my items and tell me if it works for you?

Sony TV Stand for KDL32S5100 32" LCD HD TV. Base Pedestal + screws

Original Fender Bullet Hardshell Guitar Case 1980's

LOTR The Lord of the Rings trilogy books 1-3 by J.R.R Tolkien

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

It shows fine for me:

US $13.09
Canada
Standard Shipping (Canada Post Regular Parcel)
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I get the same result searching on both eBay.ca and eBay.com

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for checking out. I guess the "problem" might be on my side then?

What is funny though is that this only seems to happen with my auctions. I see other people's auctions shipping fees properly in the search window. Even those using the calculator.  I might be wrong but I'd swear this did not happen before. I've searched for my auctions in the past and I could swear the shipping fees displayed.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Is it possible your postal code (the one you use for eBay) is incorrect and not recognized by eBay?  Have you tried entering a different local postal code, the one from city hall for example?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

When I look at your items in search view they show as shipping not specified. But when I click on an individual listing the price shows up. I'm not sure why.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

So i am not alone after all. Maybe I will have to call ebay tech support?

@Pierre : I tried with different postal codes or even countries for that matter, whatever I set my address to I always get "Shipping not specified" in the search view.  Once again, all other auctions appear fine but mines.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Hi maxwar82,

I checked your listings and I get this error when clicking the "Calculate" button : Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code.

**When I click on your feedback number under your name on the forum, then go to view items for sale it gives me that red error, however if I click on "view listings" under your forum name it will show on the list pane Shipping not specified but if I click into the actual item it will show the shipping cost.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Hmmm, That is weird... I tried to reproduce the problem but could not. My listings are ok when I access them through the feedback window. Even when I set a US zip code.

But I used to have a similar problem when a rogue Auctiva account messed with my listings and corrupted the calculator.  But this should be fixed now...

As for the original problem with this thread, It is still not fixed...

I guess I will have to call ebay tech support.

I think people are mixing up the "shiping not specified" for free shipping. Might be why Im having so many non paying bidders lately.

It is extremely annoying.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I do remember reading something on the U.S. boards about this problem quite a while ago. I don't use calculated shipping for the majority of my listings but I did check on a couple of my listings that do use it and the shipping price does NOT show up on the search page but is correct when you click on the listing.

For example if you do a search for Edmonton Oilers Long sleeve t shirt RBK one of my listings does come up but shipping is not specified. If the search you use is 'pricing plus shipping lowest price first'  my item is last..just as the other poster mentioned. The same is true whether the search is done on .ca or .com.

Another example ....Calgary Flames Mens Gloves shows both of my listings with calculated shipping as shipping not specified.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I've been experiencing the same problem for a couple of months now. It first started on ebay.com and I reported the issue. Not only was it not fixed, but it started happening on ebay.ca too. For me, all of my listings show 'shipping not specified' unless it's a fixed cost. I have the same problem when I view maxwar82's listings or any number of other sellers. It's an absolute waste of time to report these issues by phone.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Its happening to all Canadian sellers who use calculated shipping. Its been fixed in the US for quite awhile. Also only Canadians can purchase multiple items now. On all other sites after they hit buy it now commit to buy no longer exists instead they are prompted to pay through PayPal. They have gone exclusively to the shopping cart then checkout,  but Canadian items cannot be added to shopping carts. This is a real mess!!!!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Not only is still still not fixed but I am experiencing a new problem on top of it. The shipping calculator will output the " please enter valid zip code " in my newest auctions. Even though all parameters and zip code entered are valid. International shipping is not calculated either. Only canadian national shipping works. 

Why don't ebay fix those problems? They just keep piling up. The shipping Calculator is crippled.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

The shipping calculator will output the " please enter valid zip code " in my newest auctions. Even though all parameters and zip code entered are valid. International shipping is not calculated either. Only canadian national shipping works.

Of the two listings that you did on Jan 18th, one of them looks fine but the other one is not showing shipping for the U.S. or other international countries as you said. I checked a couple of your other listings and they seem to be fine too. It is unusual that the calculator wouldn't work for just one of the listings...are you sure that the information entered is correct?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

You are right, one of them is fixed now. Earlier on both were faulty but I revised one without changing values so maybe that did something.

I just changed the measurements of the other one and it fixed it.  Used to be 3'x3'x8' 3 ounces and I changed it to 8x8x15 7 ounces, and now it works, go figure.

My hyperion series auction is also faulty and the measurements are perfectly fine for the service I am using  ( Expedited parcel )

If I enter the same measurements in the Canada post website calculator it works perfectly.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

My hyperion series auction is also faulty and the measurements are perfectly fine for the service I am using  ( Expedited parcel )

If I enter the same measurements in the Canada post website calculator it works perfectly.

You should be able to go by that but you can't. If I enter the package measurements of 15cmx15cmx15cm on the Canada Post site it gives me a price for expedited USA and xpresspost USA. But the minimum size for expedited USA is 21cm x 14cm x .5cm. For xpresspost the minimum is 21x14x1cm and if I had put those measurements into the ebay calculator or if I tried to print a paypal label with them, it wouldn't work.

Note that the minimum for Expedited within Canada is different  10cm x 7cm x 1cm

Message 16 of 16
latest reply