Need assistance please, Cnd buyer has found a perfect way to screw sellers

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
I would need some help. If a Canadian buyer purchased, let's say an Ipod, received with Expedited Parcel, opens the package gently and take the Ipod, then severely damage the Ipod the same day, and then quickly replace the Ipod inside the package, reseal the subtle opening, place a RETURN TO SENDER Expedited Parcel Parcel label on the package, in the eventuality of a charge back in PayPal, as item has been refused and returned to sender...

No need to respond to this buyer, already blocked, of course.

But question is, who will pay ? If the package was insured, maybe Canada Post should pay, in my opinion, to have accepted a modified package as a return ? I'm sure PayPal will hold the money in the seller's account and grant refund to the buyer. Could it be a good idea to take a 'before-after' photo to send to PayPal, in case of a dispute.

This is a good trick, any seller can be easily screwed on eBay with such a buyer...

Thanks for your help !
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
Hi just realized that such a thing would not be possible with a signature on delivery...
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Signature makes no difference whatsoever. If the buyer breaks the item, he/she really has 45 days from ship date to file a SNAD.

If they break it within a day or two and claim "defective" there is not much you can do. Taking pictures will not help you at all.

This not only applies to Canada but to any destination in the world.

Put a few % of your sales $$ aside for "warranty" and consider this a cost of doing business.

Bernie
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
The buyer already left feedback (saying "item received and as described"). Can it be used in a PayPal dispute if he "refused" the package (but opened it and reseal it) and would probably open a case in PayPal for "item not received" ? Thanks
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Make a claim through Canada with mention item damaged in shipping and move on because you are not going to win this one against PAYPAL. Also leave a feedback for this buyer (ex: fraudulent buyer).

Good luck.

Frederic
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
Thanks Frederic,

This is what I planned to do. Canada Post customer service will open shortly and I will call them, mentioning that item has been shipped with insurance, was refused by the buyer and returned to me, damaged...

I spend so much money per year at Canada Po$t, I won't take NO for an answer. 😉
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Tell the buyer that you are happy he did not open the parcel because device inside was handled by person who is now hospitalized with highly contaigeous bird flu strain and you have to destroy it.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Just move on...

You will not win this one with Paypal.

Canada Post will likely pay you (some).

Do not leave a false positive feedback. If the buyer is smart enough he/she will have it removed and you will be stuck with a policy violation. As a powerseller you get a few freebies every 90 days but still, better to save those up for more important matters.

Good luck!
Bernie
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
@ xenalook

I always leave feedback when I ship, including shipping date. Anyway, a contradictory positive feedback would not harm the buyer account in any way, as you said I would only get a violation...
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
But I was wondering, in case of a PayPal dispute for "item significantly not as described" or something, if the buyer left positive feedback in eBay, stating that item was received and as described, are they going to take it in consideration ? It shows without any doubt the buyer's obvious lack of honesty, isn't it ?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No, PP does not take that into consideration at all. This has been proven and previously discussed on the boards.

Bernie
Message 11 of 11
latest reply