Need help solving a mystery

As of a few months ago, when we create a shipping label via Paypal, eBay sends out a shipping notification and cc's the message to us.

That is not the issue. The issue is that it is exactly the text that we send buyers via our mail client after we ship.

How on earth does eBay get hold of this text???

No, it is not in the Selling Manager automation rules, etc. I have checked everywhere in our settings and can't find it.

Really puzzled...

Bernie
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

jakeeangel
Community Member
Is it in your Store Settings custom text for your invoice maybe?
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Why don't you ask LiveHelp?

That should keep them busy all night.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

No, it's not in the invoice section either, jakeangel. The message is generated on shipment, not invoicing.

I teach eBay at the local university but I guess I still don't know it all lol.

As for live help, I usually only use them them when I have lots of time, am bored and don't expect results 🙂

Bernie
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
LOL @ Bernie & Live Help!! So true, so true....

What I was asking was if they took your text from there?
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

As for live help, I usually only use them them when I have lots of time, am bored and don't expect results

I just thought, since you've got the kid running things, you might be bored...]:)
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

No, Jakeangel, there is no such text there to take. I will do some more digging tomorrow as there has to be an explanation.

The kid is hopping on a plane in about an hour, on his way to the Philippines for 2 months for a divemaster course and will then try to find a job and stay there for a few years. Too bad, he did work faster than me and only cost me 2.5 k/month.

What an excuse to visit the Philippines again, however 🙂

Which reminds me, gotta run and throw his diving gear in the jeep and drive to the airport. Xena likes to be there at least 30 minutes before, whereas I prefer the 15-minute-to-departure scenario.

Bernie
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

You can change the wording of the emails that ebay sends out for you on this page LINK so perhaps you had put your own wording in sometime in the past or they took the wording from the Emails From You section?
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

First there is disbelief

Then denial

Followed by the realization that I am getting old as I seem to have forgotten what I did 2 years ago.

Thanks so much for posting the link!

I had come across a page where it showed what eBay automatically sends out but not the one contained in your link that showed what I had programmed. Actually, I still can't find that page without your link.

Again, thanks for your help, pjcdn2005, and have a great day!

Bernie
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

"I am getting old "

Ditto. I know that sinking feeling. 😞

Like you, I had forgotten about that customized message. The link provided above did not work for me because I susbcribe to the Selling Manager on .com, not .ca. Took less than a minute to find it on .com.

I just edited my message to tell buyers NOT TO PAY. 😉The complete message now reads:

Hi {BUYERUSERNAME},
Thank you for your purchase of {TITLE} with eBay item #{ITEM#}. I appreciate your business!

Please DO NOT PAY just yet!

First, please take a look at thousands of quality items available from my eBay store - at low discounted prices - BEFORE arranging payment for this item. Combine ALL purchases into ONE payment to save on shipping!
Regards,
{SELLERUSERNAME}
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

First there is disbelief

Then denial

Followed by the realization that I am getting old as I seem to have forgotten what I did 2 years ago.

lol
I know that feeling well.I seem to remember things that happened 10-25 years ago better than some things that happened last year or last week!.:-(

You're welcome, glad that I could help. 🙂
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Pierre,

I did finally find the page but the automation setting for "Shipping" is still missing. The others for "Bought", "Paid", Feedback", etc are there. Only the page with the link shows me the one with "Shipping".

And, I just copied your new text. I really like that one and it reminds me of the Bootlegger slogan on their till receipts "No sale is ever final".

Brilliant!

Bernie
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

That's an interesting idea Pierre, good suggestive selling.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Bernie, Just in case in you want to know how I got to that link...
In selling manager on the drop down to the right of any buyer's name, click on email buyer. On the page that comes up, there is a link to "Manage Email Templates"

Perhaps there is a more direct method but I haven't found it.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Using Selling manager on .com

- Marketing Tools(in panel at left)

- Customize End of Auction Emails
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Thanks to both of you re. finding the link. I always log into .ca and under Selling Manager Pro - Automation one gets to the page but it is still missing the "Shipping" option.

However, I have bookmarked the link so all is well.

Bernie
Message 16 of 16
latest reply