Negative Feedback Reading "thanks" What should I do?

andyk2000
Community Member
Hi,
Just today somebody left me a negative feedback. It said "thanks". I contacted the buyer a couple minutes ago so I haven't received a reply yet. I wanted to find out why they left that feedback to see if it was by error, or on purpose.

The auction ended on October 12, 2003. I did not receive payment for the item, so I later filed a Non-Paying Bidder Alert, and then a Refund Request for my Final Auction Value Fee. I didn't here from my buyer once. I thought that the transaction finished in a Non-paying bidder, and that's the end of it. I did not leave him negative Feedback yet.

If the buyer says that the feedback was left by mistake, what should I do in order to have the feedback removed? Is there any other way to get it removed then have to pay $20.00 through Square Trade?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wish everyone happy holidays.
Thanks,
Andyk2000
Andy Krystal
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

souranial
Community Member

Firstly, Welcome to the Boards Andy!
Its great to hear from you!

I have had a similar problem with that (buyer left feedback same day as they purchased it for no reason!).

I ended up using squaretrade to remove as I am a seal member but I thought this was wrong as eBay should have the power to remove feedback for free when it is left unjustly.

I would love to know as well if anybody has any suggestions to Andy's problem.

Regards,
Daniel

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sounds like sarcasm.

You will probably be able to get it removed if you
a) pay $20, and
b) get the buyer to agree to the removal -
or find that the buyers contact info is invalid - or hope that the buyer does not respond to ST.

Good luck - it's so unfair to get an NPB neg.
Ann
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
First before you pay the money ...pull their user info . Make sure thier Phone # works. If it's not working you caan report them for not having contact info correct and ask them to remove the neg
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

andyk2000
Community Member
Hi,

I will try doing that. Thanks for all of your suggestions. If you have any other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Andy Krystal
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

souranial
Community Member

Todd, so does that mean eBay guarantees that if they dont have relevant contact info then they will remove the neg? I should keep that in mind if its true. Also, what would I do if they answered the phone - hahaha !

Thanks and good luck Andy!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

www_avqueen_com
Community Member
Andy,

Good luck, the only problem with ST is, if the other party don't agree to remove the feedback, that's nothing you can do with it.. and the $20US will be a waste. did anyone know if the other party don't agree or sign the agreement at the end (they charge you ahead before they start mediation) can you get your money back?

Ken
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

mevans_cda
Community Member
Ken,
ST will refund your $20 if the other party doesn't participate in mediation. It happened to me - buyer never responded to me, I filed NPB and FVF credit and then they negged me saying I'd never contacted them. I filed with ST and the buyer responded to the initial case inquiry from ST and then it automatically went to a mediator. The buyer never responded further to the case in the mediation stage so I kept the neg but the $20 was refunded. If they respond to the mediator at all, my understanding is that it still costs you the $20 and you keep the neg.

Andy,
If you really don't want to live with the neg, then of course, pull the contact info first, but go ahead and file a ST case. Worst case scenario is you'll lose $20US - if you're selling on eBay long enough you'll deal with the odd neg and chargeback so you may want to set up a fund to cover those things, for example by adding 10 cents to each transaction (amount depends on your volume of sales). If they don't respond to ST - which they may not if they didn't even respond to your emails, you'll get the neg removed. Just make sure you do it within the time limit - I think its 90 days. After that, if they don't respond you'll have to keep the neg (but you won't be charged the $20). They would have to agree to it to get it off after that time limit has passed.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Little tip ....

If you sign up with Squaretrade it only cost 10.00 to file

I do the following

I pull the contact info , Call and ask for thier name .

Next

I email the customer . That I will be filing with Squaretrade a third party moderater, that we feel the sitaution can be worked out to have the feedback removed . I then state that if they feel the feedback was fair , they are not obligated to Answer the email from squaretrade . That if they reply to the email from squaretrade , to us it means they are willing to work the situation out . I then remind them they are not obligated to respond, if they feel the feedback is fair that they left us

Now the tip ........
Mean ruthless people who leave feedback , generally read the letter you sent . Those same ruthless people tend to think "dam right I feel that feedback is fair " Those same people who left the Negative feedback , never read the auctions fully or are really difficult to deal with ..Guess what? ....Never Fully read the full terms of Squaretrade . If they do not reply to the email from Squaretrade, the feedback is always removed

The people whom generally do reply ..I have found are willing to work the situation out

My bent concept...on the screwed up way feedback works
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Todd ... That's so tricky!!!

But I like it .. LOL
Have made a note in case I should ever need to use it.
Ann
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
"I email the customer That I will be filing with Squaretrade a third party moderater, that we feel the sitaution can be worked out to have the feedback removed . I then state that if they feel the feedback was fair , they are not obligated to Answer the email from squaretrade . That if they reply to the email from squaretrade , to us it means they are willing to work the situation out . I then remind them they are not obligated to respond, if they feel the feedback is fair that they left us

Those same people who left the Negative feedback never read the auctions fully ...Never Fully read the full terms of Squaretrade . If they do not reply to the email from Squaretrade, the feedback is always removed"

I'm generally all for screwing the buyers I don't like, but this (in my opinion) is actually quite abusive of the system. If I knew a seller I might buy from was buying negative feedback removals for $10 a pop, and using dishonest methods to trick his buyers into letting the feedback get removed, I'd think twice before bidding on their auctions. I'm actually kind of shocked that you admitted you do this. 😮
Message 11 of 11
latest reply